O Chester Where Art Thou

poetic license

Anyone else besides me miss Chesterh's APHC cruise with the mothers installments? We have been left in the lurch for over two weeks now. We need to let him know how much he is missed!

Chester, you are killing us! This is cruel and unusual punishment! We need a new segment!

Cheers,

Nickie...were you able to wait to read the book? I wasn't able to wait. It was killing me sitting there on the table. I tried...I really tried. My resolve only lasted for a couple of hours...I ahve no willpower.

Chester...I too need a new installment. Please...

Nancy

I started rereading his book today while I was waiting for the next instalment.

We miss you Chester, and we are not so patiently waiting for the next instalment and som information on your mysterious ailment.

Hope you and Kris and family are well. Thank you for sharing with us.

Nickie...were you able to wait to read the book? I wasn't able to wait. It was killing me sitting there on the table. I tried...I really tried. My resolve only lasted for a couple of hours...I ahve no willpower.

Chester...I too need a new installment. Please...

Nancy

Nancy,

My willpower is pretty limited when it comes to books. :)

HOWEVER ....

I opened it up, and couldn't wait to read the inscription, then burst out laughing. Chester admonished me to wait until the cruise to read the book! So what is a girl to do? :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Well, I was a good sport. I put it in my suitcase. Tuesday I was fine, and it remained. Wednesday I was fine, but antsy. Thursday I was fine, but really getting curious. Friday I was fine .... until Friday night when I heard it start to rain. That did it. I love to read when it's raining and nasty outside. It's always been my excuse to get lost in a book.

I maintain that I have a little willpower ... I only read the first two chapters. Honest! Now it's back in my suitcase. Will I last all of this week until the cruise on Saturday? We'll see!

Chester, We're dyin' here! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease give us another installment. At least let us know you are OK.

Cheers,

Well, we're one big happy family here - sharing in the flu (or flu-like illness) that Wells brought home from college late last week. Right now, just typing this makes my fingers ache even worse than they do when sitting idle.

I'll be back... No more cheating, Nikki.

chesterh

Chester,

Many, many moons ago, a longtime friend shared this recipe with me when I had a horrible cold. She promised it would knock the bug right out of me. No one was more surprised that it worked than me! It works for the flu, too. Since you are the family cook, your brood will be forever grateful to you for making this. Hope everyone gets well fast!

This makes a big batch; make it in a big pot with a lid and keep it covered all day over low heat. When one or all of us get a bug, we seem to go through two or three batches in a day ... but it sure does the trick!

Feel better!

SPICED TEA

In a small saucepan, add 2 cups cold water, 1 cinnamon stick, and 1 heaping teaspoon of whole cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer.

In another large pot, add 12 cups cold water. Bring to a rolling boil, then it turn it off, and add 7 tea bags, cover and let steep for 10 mins. (The little saucepan of spice water can simmer, covered, while this happens.)

Remove tea bags, and remove spices from small pan, saving a couple of the cloves and a little shard of the cinnamon stick to add to the large pot. Add spice water, 1 3/4 cups sugar, 2 cups fresh orange juice and the juice of two fresh lemons. Stir and enjoy. Keep over very low heat, covered, for as long as it lasts. (In my house, about an hour!) Every time one of us feels like we have "something coming on", I whip up a batch. Works like a charm. Go figure!

OH - this recipe can be doubled, which is how I make it. I can't keep it around once the aroma starts wafting through the house.

Cheers,

Archived