Summit Cabin Question

808lady

We currently have a hold reservation for Christmas cruise on Summit.  I have sailed on Infinity and Constellation years ago.  My question is that Aqua and Concierge are the same price.  Held stateroom is 1114, but there are others available.  Our first consideration is noise level.  Next is avoiding smoke smell.  Next is cabin/balcony size.  Persian Gardens and Blu would be nice, but if our cabin is noisy or our balcony smoky it would ruin the cruise.  Any advice?

I don't have an answer fo you on this, but I'm interested in what others say, as I'm booked in 1140 (aft-facing) on the Summit in December.  I'd read some people seemed to have issue with noise, but others didn't, so we decided to try it and see what we thought.

We had cabin 1114 and 1116 on the Summit. We never smelled smoke. I we did not have any noise, but we cruised before they adding the outdoor movie theater on deck 12. I loved the location. Elevator right down to Blu. Back stairs down to Sunset bar and Oceanview Café. Photos of deck area of 1114 and 1116. I did not take any photos of the cabin area.IMG_20150811_140934572.thumb.jpg.ef8f30206acfef4e3aa7e4a5bab428a2.jpgIMG_20150811_140915050_HDR.thumb.jpg.ebe4f3f229e2b3a1c6dd541a657d8b92.jpgIMG_20150811_140944821.thumb.jpg.7dbdba0b70c95fa9802a9f759e48c589.jpgIMG_20150811_140954960_HDR.thumb.jpg.cde61e5802d383642da71d37e2da1374.jpg

I think the deck 11 AQ staterooms are in the best location on the ship. I have been in one of the Aft facing cabins and only heard minimal sound from the outdoor movie screen. 1114 is far enough from the movie screen. Be sure to check out the M Class Cabin Information spreadsheet at the top of the Celebrity board. 

Edited by SeaWatch12
  • Thanks 2

We had Room 1111 on the Summit 2 years ago. Not the easiest deck or room to find as you have to go up on one side through the Ocean View Cafe on Deck 10 (starboard side), or via the external doors from Deck 11, or get the aft lift/elevator. But it was one of the quietest rooms we have ever had. I did have fears with the basket ball court above that it would be an issue, but there were very few children on board, so it wasn't an issue on our cruise.

Our biggest issue was with butt/pocket phone calls with the crew with the number 1111 - even during the night. We had to get the phone disconnected by the room steward because of all the calls, and he said it was a big issue for this room. Never again will we get a room number like this! 

We have booked a "guaranteed", no obstruction, veranda stateroom for a summer 2022 cruise as a specific one was not available at the time of  booking.   Was told we would get an upgrade if nothing becomes available in our category.  We are not at all fussy about location as long as we get a veranda with no obstruction.

In the past, we have always booked a specific stateroom.  Will appreciate comments/opinions from anybody with the experience of booking with a guaranteed stateroom.

We were n 1140 on Summit and I found the noise from the movie really loud one day.  Went up there and no one was watching.  I think if you call Guest services they could remedy it if this happens.  I would book this cabin again for the huge balcony.

Remember when you have sailed Celebrity before and are a Captains Club member you can get the price for an AQ2 cabin but you have to ask when you book.  This might save you around $100.  Happy cruising.

Edited by TeaBag
  • Thanks 1