My long "Sunrise Story" (with pictures) - 10/14 - 10/18

mlshum

8 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

I loved reading your cruise review.  Looked like you really had a great time, especially on Blue Lagoon.  Glad you stayed healthy and made it home (and through security) without any issues.

I’ll be on the lookout for your Mardi Gras review in January.

Awww....thank you so much!  I really appreciate that.  Thanks for taking the time to read along!

8 hours ago, DreamsInPink said:

Thanks so much for all the details! My bf and I are set to sail the Sunrise on Jan 29th if all goes as planned.  It will be our first cruise.  We are very excited!

That's awesome!  Yes, you will have a fantastic time, to be sure.  Ron and I are very much "you do you" kind of people and we pretty much decide to have fun wherever we go and whatever we do.  Things that happen that are upsetting, like the airport incident, become funny stories for later and even in the midst of it, we just keep on moving along.  I think that's the secret to having a great cruise regardless.  Just DECIDE to have fun, laugh at the bad and you will have an AWESOME trip!!

• Like 1

Great review and pics. I enjoyed reading it.

The dolphins is one thing I have never considered myself but it looked like something I would love because I love dolphins and you showed clearly how awesome they are. Shawn is adorable. 

It’s too bad you had dining issues but you seemed to handle it well by going with the flow. 

I haven’t sailed on carnival in 20 years but I am certainly eyeing up the Mardi Gras for next year. 

1 hour ago, #55worktoplay said:

Great review and pics. I enjoyed reading it.

The dolphins is one thing I have never considered myself but it looked like something I would love because I love dolphins and you showed clearly how awesome they are. Shawn is adorable. 

It’s too bad you had dining issues but you seemed to handle it well by going with the flow. 

I haven’t sailed on carnival in 20 years but I am certainly eyeing up the Mardi Gras for next year. 

Thank you so much for reading along!  I truly appreciate it!

I wasn’t that thrilled about swimming with the dolphins either.  We did it because Liz wanted to so badly, but I was wrong.  It was awesome!  I would happily do it again.

The dining issues weren’t major....little bumps in the road as in all things, I guess.  The food was pretty good overall, just not as good as we’ve usually had and, to be fair, only a few instances of that.  Certainly not enough to get bunched up about.  I’d happily sail on Sunrise again in a heartbeat!

I’m really looking forward to Mardi Gras, too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 2:57 AM, EBONI325 said:

Thank you so much for writing this review I love your writing. I'm sailing solo on the Sunrise in December, looking forward to having a great time on my first solo cruise.

Thanks so much for your kind words and for reading along!  I hope you have a great cruise!

19 minutes ago, mlshum said:

Joe and Jamman, thanks so much!

Fireworks, feel free to just skip over my reviews.  I am just myself and I write the kinds of things I like to read.  No apologies.

And that makes a great review, which you have done! Thank you for the review. I totally enjoyed it! 👍

• Like 1