Voyager from Boston

I am going through cruise withdrawal now after an August Alaska cruise and a recent Oasis cruise….
We live in New England and would rather not fly to cruise — except for Alaska! . We are also really tired of the 7 day Florida/Bahamas trip from Bayonne. So, I am looking at Voyager from Boston in the fall next year.
We have done New England/Canada cruises and loved it. But we were on Anthem which is easily my favorite ship. 
Does  anyone have any information about this ship? The ports are great,so maybe the ship is secondary? I always loved Explorer when it was in NJ. so is this ship similar? Also, we usually book suites, so does anyone have any input on the cabins on Voyager? Is a suite worth it since the perks aren’t really great except on Quantum or Oasis class shops. I always try to research thoroughly before I book something.

Thanks for any information.

We're booked on the October 16th sailing on Voyager so I'm following this thread as I'm curious as well.  I do know this ship is almost as big as Anthem, about 4k passengers, was the first boat with the Royal Promenade and I believe was the biggest in the world when she first sailed.

I've looked at a bunch of tours and it looks like a fun boat.  I too like Anthem - we're doing the Florida'/Bahama trip in March on her and did a 5 day to Bermuda a couple of years ago.

Voyager and Explorer are sister ships so they will be almost identical. Yes it’s an older ship, but Royal takes pretty good care of their ships. I personally don’t book above a JS on these ships because the suite benefits aren’t that great. Also from NE so I understand there’s a lack of great options within driving distance. Whatever you decide have a great cruise 😊