Booking on a Tuesday

westernmom

I looked, and studied, and then looked some more before we finally booked our air travel. From what I saw, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the cost of airfares. Best advice I saw here was, "if you see an airfare you are comfortable with, take it and don't look back".

I could have saved about 20 bucks if I had waited, but the same flights are now about 200 bucks more than we paid.

The trick to booking is the off-business times when fares are lower. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday should be the best days. I have found my best fares on a Tue or Wed. Fares can also change several times a day, so if you check in the AM also check in the PM. I have personally seen a fare change over three days : $249 - $189 - $249, like the previous poster said 'no rhyme or reason to the cost'.

I was told that if you book your flights on a Tuesday that the prices are generally lower. Any truth to this??

When you say "book your flights on a Tuesday" do you mean book them on a Tuesday for a Friday flight? or do you mean fly on a Tuesday?

Tuesday and Wednesday are "usually" cheaper flying days but not always.

Archived