Covid PCR test prior to sailing - Tampa

TallyCat

We are Canadians flying to Tampa 3 days before our November 22 sailing on Celebrity Constellation.  We are concerned about obtaining a Covid test 2 days before boarding when many sites from pharmacies suggest there may be a 1 - 3 day wait time to receive results.  Can anyone share their experience or make suggestions about the best place to get the test and quick results?  Any idea on cost?

Recommend purchasing the home test. There is a link to purchase on the Celebrity web site. All you need is a cell phone with a camera and an email address. It is easy to do. You can do the test in your hotel room. 
the only thing I am not certain of is if they ship to Canada. 
if you cannot do the home test I would search for a Walgreens or CVS Drug store in Tampa. 
Most of the US airports have walk in test sites. Easy to get a test but can be very expensive. Check the Tampa airport website. 

On 10/24/2021 at 4:13 PM, TallyCat said:

We are Canadians flying to Tampa 3 days before our November 22 sailing on Celebrity Constellation.  We are concerned about obtaining a Covid test 2 days before boarding when many sites from pharmacies suggest there may be a 1 - 3 day wait time to receive results.  Can anyone share their experience or make suggestions about the best place to get the test and quick results?  Any idea on cost?

We are from Ontario…getting Antigen test at Toronto airport on January 1st 5 30 am before 9:30 am flight to Tampa…we are also getting Antigen test at Shoppers on the 31st Dec to get on the flight and will use the 1st Jan one for embarkation…also, Air Canada now has portable one that you could order!  Expensive as all these tests add up…I am hoping Celebrity will give a PCR test onboard to fly home!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  Fellow Canadian here. I got a free covid PCR test at CVS drive through in West Palm Beach on a Monday morning and had the results at 7:00am on Wed for my 1pm flight to Toronto. A bit stressful not knowing exactly when the results would come in but all worked out. Not sure if the timing will work for you. 

Check out the CVS online covid test booking and information page. Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Hey! Jude said:

Hi,  Fellow Canadian here. I got a free covid PCR test at CVS drive through in West Palm Beach on a Monday morning and had the results at 7:00am on Wed for my 1pm flight to Toronto. A bit stressful not knowing exactly when the results would come in but all worked out. Not sure if the timing will work for you. 

Check out the CVS online covid test booking and information page. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that info…

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity accepts the ANTIGEN test also, these results can be received within a few hours.  In Florida, CVS has an online system where you can schedule a time and date for your test.  I do not work for CVS.  Each county in Florida also has a County Health Department.  You can schedule tests at their locations as well. Good luck!