Sorry to beat a dead horse but some Walgreens questions

Ilovesailaway

Regarding Walgreens testing; The Walgreens near me don't have the rapid antigen, they do have the ID now which looks like results are quick enough. I am also considering ordering binax home tests as a backup.

When I go online to schedule the ID now test is there anything I should be aware of regarding the questionnaire? And how far out can you schedule your test?

I scheduled our IDNow tests at Walgreens this morning for Friday. In the past you could only book 2 days in advance, but this morning you could book 4 days out. This will be our second time using Walgreens, it went well the first time. We had 3 in the vehicle, did the test at the same time, one got her results in 40 minutes, we got ours 5 hours later. Guess it depends on how fast they do the tests in their lab.

35 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I scheduled our IDNow tests at Walgreens this morning for Friday. In the past you could only book 2 days in advance, but this morning you could book 4 days out. This will be our second time using Walgreens, it went well the first time. We had 3 in the vehicle, did the test at the same time, one got her results in 40 minutes, we got ours 5 hours later. Guess it depends on how fast they do the tests in their lab.

I noticed that about Walgreens too.  I logged on to the site and it looks like you can book 4 days in advance. So I will keep looking for our date that we need to test to open, then I will grab some spots. As another option, I also scheduled a PCR test for 2 days before at a local CVS. ( In case one of them cancels)

• Like 2

We were able to schedule with CVS 2 weeks before our August Breeze sailing only to have it cancelled 3 days before sail date. Fortunately were able to get free tests at our local health department. Now have our Valor sailing coming up on Monday Nov. 1. With the 2 day timeline and health departments not open on the weekend we're counting on the drug stores. Was able to schedule Walgreens today (4 days out) for this Saturday and have CVS (scheduled 2 weeks out) for backup on Monday. My advice --- Be sure to have a backup plan

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

We were able to schedule with CVS 2 weeks before our August Breeze sailing only to have it cancelled 3 days before sail date.

And that is precisely why I have a set of Abbott BinaxNOW Home Tests available. Gotta have a back-up plan - at least one. $50 is cheap insurance to something like this happening - and a great pre-cruise stress reducer. One never knows when...stuff happens.

3 hours ago, RGEDad said:

And that is precisely why I have a set of Abbott BinaxNOW Home Tests available. Gotta have a back-up plan - at least one. $50 is cheap insurance to something like this happening - and a great pre-cruise stress reducer. One never knows when...stuff happens.

That will be my plan for our next cruise. Unfortunately by the time I realized (thanks to info on these Boards) that the BinaxNow Self-test that I had gotten at our local Walgreens would not be accepted, it was too late to order the BinaxNow AgCard proctored test online.