"My Holiday" thingy

Sir Cumference

Hello. I asked these two questions on another social media site but could not find the thread again to access any answers. This platform is much easier to follow so here, again, are my two questions about the above "thingy":

(1) Can it be accessed on a laptop computer rather than a phone? I'd prefer not to use my phone (very basic) at all while on holiday - it takes me two days to type in a text message - then I usually manage to delete it before sending and have to start all over again!

(2) I know that evening theatre performances need to be booked in advance but does that also apply to the daytime speakers (usually in the theatre) too?

There may be more questions to follow as the holiday gets closer - and I get more anxious and stressed.

Thank you for your anticipated help 🙂

20 minutes ago, Sir Cumference said:

Hello. I asked these two questions on another social media site but could not find the thread again to access any answers. This platform is much easier to follow so here, again, are my two questions about the above "thingy":

(1) Can it be accessed on a laptop computer rather than a phone? I'd prefer not to use my phone (very basic) at all while on holiday - it takes me two days to type in a text message - then I usually manage to delete it before sending and have to start all over again!

(2) I know that evening theatre performances need to be booked in advance but does that also apply to the daytime speakers (usually in the theatre) too?

There may be more questions to follow as the holiday gets closer - and I get more anxious and stressed.

If you use your laptop and join a virtual restaurant queue, you will then need to carry your laptop around waiting til you reach the front of the queue.

3 hours ago, Sir Cumference said:

Don't get stressed at all about the app

The fact youve registered to use this forum and can post and reply suggests you will find using the app easy 

It's very user friendly by day 2 or 3 of the cruise you will like using it I predict

As the other poster says due to virtual queues you will be better using a phone than a laptop 

"If you use your laptop and join a virtual restaurant queue, you will then need to carry your laptop around waiting til you reach the front of the queue."

(1) Why can't I simply wait in my cabin until a table becomes available. If I leave immediately I'm advised a table is available, surely that would work.

(2) I'm booked for Club Dining so I assume I don't need to book that on a daily basis - just speciality restaurants - which surely, could be done by the cabin telephone?

(3) I do not like using a phone for these kind of things and feel as if I'm being bullied into using it.

Edited by Sir Cumference
  • Like 1

If you are confident that you will be able to access your My Holiday by opening the Myholiday.pocruises.com site on the internet connection first obtained on board using the free guest Wi-Fi P&OCruises_guest_WIFI you should be fine and there are "mulitiple MyHoliday experience desks on board" to help you if stuck.

17 minutes ago, Sir Cumference said:

"If you use your laptop and join a virtual restaurant queue, you will then need to carry your laptop around waiting til you reach the front of the queue."

(1) Why can't I simply wait in my cabin until a table becomes available. If I leave immediately I'm advised a table is available, surely that would work.

(2) I'm booked for Club Dining so I assume I don't need to book that on a daily basis - just speciality restaurants - which surely, could be done by the cabin telephone?

(3) I do not like using a phone for these kind of things and feel as if I'm being bullied into using it.

If you are always going to head straight to restaurants from your room and not head anywhere else first then yes no problem waiting til you are at front of queue then leaving your phone in room etc

The MDR dining you still had to book times each night unless you went really early I seem to remember. Is that club dining?

It may  be different now

On 10/27/2021 at 10:47 AM, Sir Cumference said:

You should have no problems. You can connect to my holiday on your laptop browser in the same way you do on your phone.

You are correct that Club dining doesn't need to be booked and will be allocated by a note in your cabin on day one. If you are booking fixed events such as speciality restaurants or entertainment events then these will be confirmed on booking.

If you choosing an event which requires a virtual queue (Olive Grove, The Quays, Glasshouse, Keel & Cow, non-Club MDRs etc), you have 15 minutes to arrive at the venue once you reach the top of the queue.

If you don't use a phone, you can approach reception, call the dedicated number, visit the dedicated staff and they can add you to the queue. Even better, ask the host at the venue podium and they should insert you into the queue in the right place. Just explain that you don't have a smart phone - you will note be disadvantaged.

Finally, as a solo cruiser, I believe you will find that the staff will be as flexible as possible to fit you in quickly - the MDR staff are particularly good at this and I would have a chat with the restaurant host when arriving for breakfast on the first morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Cumference said:

One further question. I prefer to eat breakfast and lunch in the MDR - do I need to book them in advance on the "thingy" or can I just turn up at the door and request a table for one?

We booked MDR breakfast on the app

Don't know if they also accepted walk ups 

We only had buffet lunch so can't comment on that 

Im sure you can pre book all of the above in one go with guest services etc at start of cruise if you don't want to personally use the app

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

3 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We booked MDR breakfast on the app

Don't know if they also accepted walk ups 

We only had buffet lunch so can't comment on that 

Im sure you can pre book all of the above in one go with guest services etc at start of cruise if you don't want to personally use the app

We just turned up for MDR breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Straight in each time.

Was on Ventura 14th-25th,the novelty of the app wore off after 2 days as we found we could just walk in to the MDR every night between 18:30-19:00.

Met people after dinner who booked virtual dining getting fed up waiting and reverted to walk in.

The virtual booking system didn’t even open until 17:45 when people piled in trying to get a slot.

Dined in Glasshouse twice,,same there,just walked in at 19:00.

Dont know what it was like later,,we were in and out in an hour.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAN 60 said:

Apparently what you do as soon as you board, you book all the show’s and restaurant’s weather

you intend to go or not. This is cruising now. That’s what we were told to do.

How does this work for people who are boarding on the 2nd day in port or on the latest flight? Sounds like all the passengers who boarded first will book everything out.