Covid tests in Miami

sunburned tongue

We are on the Ovation sailing from Miami, departing December 10. We are travelling to Miami from the UK several days earlier, and we need to take the day 2 Covid test somewhere locally. Staying in the Fort Lauderdale area. Can anyone help with local advice on the easiest place to do this ?

https://www.covidtestingmia.com

This company used to be set up in the EB Hotel at Miami airport. I don’t see it listed anymore but maybe worth contacting them to see If they are still there. 

Fort Lauderdale has proven to be quite difficult getting tests anywhere around the port but take a look at fasttestnow.com 

Edited by WNcruiser

I think you have quite a few options although it can get a little costly.  There are the proctored home tests from companies such as Binaxnow which get you fast results and can even be done in a hotel room..assuming you have purchased their test kit.  A quick look on the Internet also turned up this company with multiple testing sites:

Fast Test Now - Schedule Your Appointment    What I find interesting about this company is that they are using the fast BinaxNow test which is essentially the same test kit folks can buy to do their own self-testing (with or without proctored supervision).

As was suggested getting tested at MIA (when you arrive) might be an option.  Going back to MIA (from Ft Lauderdale) would be somewhat out of the way.  

Hank

Sunburn, I live in one of the Fort Lauderdale suburbs, and we used Alliance Health for our pre cruise PCR test. That was the requirement for our cruise from Barbados, not sure what Miami based cruises require. Alliance has multiple locations around town. We used the one in Plantation that is closest to us. We had our test appts at 9am, and expedited results that same afternoon for about $150

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 2:07 PM, sunburned tongue said:

We are on the Ovation sailing from Miami, departing December 10. We are travelling to Miami from the UK several days earlier, and we need to take the day 2 Covid test somewhere locally. Staying in the Fort Lauderdale area. Can anyone help with local advice on the easiest place to do this ?

If you need to go back to Miami airport for testing and you haven’t got a car you can get buses around Fort Lauderdale to connect to the various rail stations on the Miami airport line.

Please go to the roll call for the December 10 Seabourn Ovation cruise.  There has been lots of discussion about where to obtain the antigen test.  There are several locations that administer the test for free.  I have opted for Terminal E at the port.  There are two mobile vans there every Wednesday and it is free.  Here is part of my post on the roll call.

I would also like to add my thanks for making me revisit the list of testing sites in Miami. There have been considerable additions to the sites available for testing, mainly due to the mobile vans that are now in use in new locations:

mobile-van-testing-page.jpg.35a9450f9dd8a013a173be847135ccb5.jpg

This makes it easier for me and Al to find a location with better access from our hotel, the Hyatt Regency,  which adjoins the Convention Center. However, I would like to add a word of warning.

Many of these sites have specific qualifications about which tests are offered and the schedules for those tests. Once you have found a desired location please read the box at each site titled “more info”. This is in addition to the type of tests offered, the times when they are given and the type of facility. For instance, if the PCR test is offered there is a footnote stating that the results of the PCR test SHOULD be available within 24 hours by email or text. If you are taking the test on December 9th, that is not very assuring.  The rapid Antigen test is noted as 'should' be available within an hour.  As an example here are sites that are close to our hotel:

--Dan Paul Plaza behind FTX Arena  Appointment required

NOTE This site is closed when a game, concert or event is scheduled at the FTX Arena

--PortMiami Terminal J   Mobile testing Appointment required 

Days and times vary.

NOTE This site is open when a ship is not docked at Terminal J.

--PortMiami Terminal E Two mobile vans  Appointment Recommended
Open Wednesdays from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.