Sunset Sail ???

lhbsurf

We're doing the sunset sail in Bora Bora aboard the Tara Vana, since it will be relatively late by the time we get back on the ship and ready for dinner, I was thinking about eating dinner at Bloody Mary's that evening.

How far is Bloody Mary's from the cruiseship pier? Does anyone else have other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

The last time we sailed with Richard on the Taravana, we asked if we could go to dinner at Bloody Mary's. He docked at the pier at Bloody Mary's after our sail and took us all in and introduced us and we got really great service. Bloody Mary's will provide transportation back to the tender dock after your dinner. Be sure to check the tender schedule to see when the last tender departs for the ship or you might end up sleeping on the docks!

The food at Bloody Mary's is very good and they present you with a hugh fresh fish selection on display as you walk in. Great selection and standard French Polynesia expensive prices. Fun place with a white sand floor.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
We're doing the sunset sail in Bora Bora aboard the Tara Vana, since it will be relatively late by the time we get back on the ship and ready for dinner, I was thinking about eating dinner at Bloody Mary's that evening.

How far is Bloody Mary's from the cruiseship pier? Does anyone else have other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi - we're onboard the Tahitian Princess starting 3/30/06. Can you tell me how to contact Captain Richard with the Tara Vana??? He was recommended to me, but I don't know how to reach him. THANKS!!!

His cell number is 72.30.99. I was never successful contacting him via e-mail. I ended up contacting his mainland contact in California, Coral Perry and she arranged everything. Her number is 949-650-7175.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got home from the TP yesterday. We sailed with Richard on the Taravana and it was wonderful. We sailed with him in 2004 and knew it was another must do when in Bora Bora. Richard and his son Ki, are both great hosts. This is a definite "Must Do" tour. We had sixteen folks on board and everyone gave it a thumbs up!

We have reserved the night dive and sunset cruise thru Princess for both Bora Bora and Raitea. We were wondering has anyone taken the Raitea sunset cruise? Is it like the Bora bora curise? Which sunset cruise is better - Bora Bora or Raitea? We want to take a night dive one night and do the sunset cruise the other night but just not such which is best to do at which port.

Thanks!

We did the sunset cruise on Bora Bora thru the ship. We loved it. We were on a catamaran with about 10 other couples. there were 3 crew members and they provided juices, rum punch and champagne. There was also a bathroom on board, if needed. our friends did the sunset tour on Raiatea and was sadly disappointed. The boat they were on only seated 8 and you could not get up and move around as we were able to on our cruise. the wife complained of getting wet from the water spraying as they cruised out to watch the sunset. (she was dressed up thinking that she was going to be in a bigger boat such as ours) they only had a little light to guide them back. I would do the Bora Bora Champagne sunset cruise again. Good luck with your decision and have a great trip!

ladybugcruises--what did you wear on the sunset cruise/ i am booked with the princess one in bora bora in april.

I wore a skort and sleeveless shirt. my husband wore shorts and short- sleeved shirt. a few ladies were wearing skirts, many were wearing shorts or khakis. the men wore shorts or slacks. there was a mixture. You are able to walk and the "trampoline" part of the catamaran. Just remember it might be breezy, the women wearing flowing skirts were holding their skirts down. We were not allowed to wear shoes on this excursion. the crew took them from us as we boarded and then returned them at the end. we had so much fun and would do it again. I would definitely wear something comfortable. My hubby actually fell asleep for about 10 minutes while I went to get a drink. Someone stopped me and I looked over at him and he was sleeping. it is a very relaxing setting. Let me know how your trip goes! Enjoy!

Archived