Palm Beach Pics

missme2

Arubalisa:

WOW!!! Thanks for the pictures...they are beautiful. We are looking for a pretty beach that is not overly populated with some restaurants, etc.. Several people have recommended Palm Beach. Is there parasailing, waverunners, or other activities available? Thanks again.

Yes, to all the above...Let's see to list a few: parasail, banana ride, tube ride, waterskiing, Sunfish or Hobie's... For the waverunners, they will transport you over to Eagle Beach, but you can just catch up with one of the watersports operators on the beach and they will make all the arraingements.

Arubalisa,

WOW! Thanks for the great pics. We will be ther in March for the day and are wondering if any resorts welcome cruisers for the day? I noticed your pics were in front of the Wyndham.Would this be the ideal place on the beach to park for the day?

Thanks in advance,

All of the beaches in Aruba are public. I do not know which Palm Beach hotels still offer day passes, but you can always use the beach in front of any of the hotels, just not their chaise lounges or shade palapas.

We have stayed at the Wyndham 3 times and the Radisson 3 times. With that being said, I would recommend the beach at the Radisson over the beach at the Wyndham. Less wind, thus less blowing sand...

At the south end of the Radisson property I believe there is a watersports operator who rents chaise lounges and umbrellas.

All of the beaches in Aruba are public. I do not know which Palm Beach hotels still offer day passes, but you can always use the beach in front of any of the hotels, just not their chaise lounges or shade palapas.

We have stayed at the Wyndham 3 times and the Radisson 3 times. With that being said, I would recommend the beach at the Radisson over the beach at the Wyndham. Less wind, thus less blowing sand...

At the south end of the Radisson property I believe there is a watersports operator who rents chaise lounges and umbrellas.

Thanks ! Radisson it is .....

Um, definitely not walking distance. Taxi would be quickest mode. Bus would be the cheapest. Bus station in Oranjestad is a short walk across from the cruise ship terminal. You can view bus schedules at either of these sites:

http://www.visitaruba.com/travel/getaround/index.html

http://www.arubus.com/schedule3.htm

Ah, crowded is a very subjective term. I grew up at the New Jersey shore and no I personally would not say Palm Beach is crowded. Most times other folks will stay within the "area" of their palapa. Here is a photo of the Radisson's beach at Noon (just look to see how the shadows are falling). Albeit, the photo was taken in June and not February, but hotel occupancies at that time of year run over 85%. For comparison here is a photo of the beach at the Hyatt.

There are less crowded beaches on the island, but for us, Palm Beach offers exactly what we are looking for: calm water with no waves, food & drink within steps, all sorts of watersports activities, all of the resorts...

Taxi's and wet suits? No, air dry and throw a cover up over yourself, sit on a towel and you should be just fine. Bus stop in front of the Radisson, yes. Day pass at the Radisson, I really don't think so.

Just got back. We loved Aruba! Did the half day jeep tour ABC in the am and then went to the Radisson and met up with the rest of the family. Just walked right onto the beach. Even used the pool. Ate at Gilligans with a great view of the water. Good local beer. White sand. Kids went on a tubing ride. Loved it. Alot of water activities available. Rented chairs easily. Very relaxing. Everyone left and we stayed on the beach to see a beautiful sunset. Caught the bus very easily and went back to town. Walked around town alittle and went back to the ship. I would recommend the Radisson. Where ever you go I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Hi guys. I can't believe I'm still looking at these boards because I just got home today from my cruise!! I should be sleeping. The weather was absolutely awesome!! It was in the 80s every day. Everyday was sunny except for a half hour of rain on our last at sea day! Aruba had a breeze but was perfect. I did get burnt that day. (Didn't use enough sun screen) This was a great time of year to go. Hot but not too hot. Sun, sun, sun! And now I'm back in NY freezing my *** off and cranking my heat! I have to move some place warm.

raddisson looks nice for a day use beach is there any nicer ones , for a nice place if anyone has any more input on day use resorts in aruba. thanks
Any of the three Marriott's or the Hyatt also come to mind. The Radisson has two zero entry free form swimming pools, and the pool at the Hyatt is three tiered with a waterslide. The Marriott Beach Club just opened a lazy river ride at their swimming pool...too many choices.

it's me again it's it hard to get around in aruba with a car rental. just thought maybe you can visit different beaches &see different things. what are good car rentals? are there at the pier near the cruise ships?:)

Gilligans the beachside bar and grill at the Radisson is smack dab between one of their swimming pools and the beach :D Attached is the view from Gilligan's out over the beach with the ocean beyond.

ArubaLisa,

I've loved looking at the pictures, thank you for sharing them.

While looking at the pictures I noticed that the Raddison has other restaurants. Can anyone eat at the restaurants or are they reserved for hotel guests.

ArubaLisa,

I've loved looking at the pictures, thank you for sharing them.

While looking at the pictures I noticed that the Raddison has other restaurants. Can anyone eat at the restaurants or are they reserved for hotel guests.

Oh no, anyone may dine at any of the Radisson's restaurants. As a matter of fact, the Sunset Grille, is one of our favorites. Very expensive though :eek: Appetizer, salad, entree, dessert and a couple of drinks- $100 - $150 per couple. We live it up on vacation so just save our penny's 'til we get there :) Well worth it.

Dh and I also enjoy lunches and happy hour at Gilligans, just hanging out and lapping up every bit of that beautiful view of the beach and ocean!

Archived