just back from Spirit 2/9-2/19

obosix

Code Alpha means medical emergency. According to another post on this site, I found this:

Around 8pm, DH started to complain of some tingling in his throat and some discomfort and swelling. By 845pm, he was wheezing so badly, I thought he was having an asthma attack. Since hot coffee did not help this time, I headed downstairs for Benadryl. On my arrival back in the room, I noticed he had a blue tinge to his lips and his face was becoming very swollen. Plus, he was barely able to breathe. I decided to contact the Front Desk. Unfortunately I got no answer when I called. I decided to hit the button for 911. After one misdial, I reached a nurse in the infirmary that asked if my husband could come downstairs. When I answered no, she immediately headed to the room. After assessing him, she called someone and an ALPHA CODE was issued. I later learned that meant it was life or death. An announcement was made across the loud speaker and our room was immediately filled with a large crowd. There were 2 doctors, 4 nurses, and assorted support personnel filling the halls. My husband was transported to the infirmary where he was administered emergency care/meds and kept for 3 hours.

That sounds very scary. What was wrong with your husband? An allergic reaction? I am glad to know they rushed right over. I would have been scared out of my mind. I hope you still enjoyed your vacation and I also hope your husband is feeling better.

beanierose-

I am from Baltimore and what I did was this. A friend was going to NYC and drove us up there, but for the trip back, we took a Greyhound bus from the Port Authority to Baltimore. The bus fare was 26.00 per person 1 way. Not too bad, and the trip is only 3 hours with someone else driving! You can get the tickets on peterpanbus dot com, and see the schedules there. The tickets are open so you dont have to pick a bus time.

Hope that helps

~Intrepid

Archived