MSC Southampton PLF

katie_urlaub

Hello,

I need your Help please. We are traveling on the MSC Magnifica from Hamburg for 7 days. And we stay for 1 day in Southampton. We are wondering how To fill in the Form. Because the form request To do a Test within 48 hours after arrival. So so we realy need To fill Out the Form for 1 day?

Thanks 

Katja

22 minutes ago, katie_urlaub said:

Hello,

I need your Help please. We are traveling on the MSC Magnifica from Hamburg for 7 days. And we stay for 1 day in Southampton. We are wondering how To fill in the Form. Because the form request To do a Test within 48 hours after arrival. So so we realy need To fill Out the Form for 1 day?

Thanks 

Katja

We are on a similar cruise on Magnifica in Feb (boarding in Southampton) and I've also been looking at what we need to do for the other countries so I know how confusing it is. 

For the UK I think you will count as in transit. Reading the advice on the links below I think you just need to complete the form but it's not clear if you will need a negative test before you arrive. As UK citizens I think we will need a negative test to enter The Netherlands, not sure if the ship will offer this or not. I wish MSC would give a bit more info but luckily for us we are not on the first cruises. When are you sailing?

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/layovers-and-transiting

Hope this helps a bit at least.

Hi my hubby was looking at this the other day and we have got to do our pcr test within 72hrs before boarding and the plf 48hours before boarding. France just need us double jab, Belgium another plf but it then gets interesting regarding the Netherlands. As we would of come from France and Belgium going to another EU country then on to Germany wouldn't that count as if we were in transit from another schengan country so we just need to be double jab?? We are just as confused and msc say well you'll be in transit as not travelling direct from UK to The Netherlands. I am so hoping we get some more info with our paperwork in the next 2 weeks. 🤔

Edited by Cruiseforever11

55 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi my hubby was looking at this the other day and we have got to do our pcr test within 72hrs before boarding and the plf 48hours before boarding. France just need us double jab, Belgium another plf but it then gets interesting regarding the Netherlands. As we would of come from France and Belgium going to another EU country then on to Germany wouldn't that count as if we were in transit from another schengan country so we just need to be double jab?? We are just as confused and msc say well you'll be in transit as not travelling direct from UK to The Netherlands. I am so hoping we get some more info with our paperwork in the next 2 weeks. 🤔

I never thought of it like that but hope you are right. I was reading entering all the countries as though we were coming from the UK. Doesn't France require us to complete some sort of form also?

3 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Suzanne, I’m relying on you and Nick to tell me what we have to do. So glad you’re going before us! 😂😂

3 hours ago, kernow said:

Doesn't France require us to complete some sort of form also?

If fully vaccinated, we have to complete a ‘sworn statement’ form self-certifying we are not suffering from Covid symptoms or have been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. There is a link to this form on the UK Government website. We also have to provide proof of vaccination status.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

If fully vaccinated, we have to complete a ‘sworn statement’ form self-certifying we are not suffering from Covid symptoms or have been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. There is a link to this form on the UK Government website. We also have to provide proof of vaccination status.

Hi yes I know re 1st one I shall report back 😁 not long now 30days and counting!😆

Yes I have info regarding what it says on gov.uk website. (Kernow hope this helps you too.)

• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website

• proof of vaccination status

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi yes I know re 1st one I shall report back 😁 not long now 30days and counting!😆

Yes I have info regarding what it says on gov.uk website. (Kernow hope this helps you too.)

• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website

• proof of vaccination status

Germany. The entry requirements say to be double vaccinated that's fine but it then goes on to say if you have come from any high risk country in the 10 days before entering Germany then fill in one of their forms. Ok so UK, France and Belgium are on their high risk list.😳 so need to fill out form.

Belgium just need proof of vaccination and a PLF

The Netherlands I'm still trying to work that one out! 🤪 definitely proof of vaccination it's just the testing bit. I know msc on their website say they can provide pcr/antigen tests for a fee if needed. So I'm going to look into this one a bit more and update as soon as I know.

Can't wait for cruising to get back to normal without testing and filling out forms etc.(but I understand why they have do it at the moment)

13 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Germany. The entry requirements say to be double vaccinated that's fine but it then goes on to say if you have come from any high risk country in the 10 days before entering Germany then fill in one of their forms. Ok so UK, France and Belgium are on their high risk list.😳 so need to fill out form.

Belgium just need proof of vaccination and a PLF

The Netherlands I'm still trying to work that one out! 🤪 definitely proof of vaccination it's just the testing bit. I know msc on their website say they can provide pcr/antigen tests for a fee if needed. So I'm going to look into this one a bit more and update as soon as I know.

Can't wait for cruising to get back to normal without testing and filling out forms etc.(but I understand why they have do it at the moment)

I don't think we need to do the form for Germany as we will be there less than 24 hours ( read the 'when do I not need to provide my details' bit on the form).

I'm hoping that if MSC charge for a test we can just stay onboard that day and not have to have one.

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

I don't think we need to do the form for Germany as we will be there less than 24 hours ( read the 'when do I not need to provide my details' bit on the form).

I'm hoping that if MSC charge for a test we can just stay onboard that day and not have to have one.

Ok well in that case at least its not another form to fill out. We've booked to have a day in Amsterdam so if we have to do a test then hopefully we can do the less expensive one. I'm going to leave it for a couple of weeks then hopefully get my tickets through from my TA then check everything again and if needs be get some clarification from either ta/msc. I will update if I hear or see anything in the meantime. 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kernow said:

I’m still trying to figure out how to get a PCR test done and the results through in time for embarkation at 12:00 on 28th December 🤦‍♀️ 

3 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

hopefully get my tickets through from my TA then check everything again

Got my tickets through already for 28th December. Didn’t use a TA this time but I was surprised they were available so early.

1 minute ago, CaroleC said:

Got my tickets through already for 28th December. Didn’t use a TA this time but I was surprised they were available so early.

I went through a TA so got to wait for them but having said that our July cruise was with the same agent and I was able to download them off the app but its not letting me do it at the moment. They have everything they need insurance details etc and I've checked in etc. I do check my booking everyday just incase they change anything and I do check if I can down load ticket too at the same time. Lucky you though if you have everything now just slightly jealous 😁

13 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I’m still trying to figure out how to get a PCR test done and the results through in time for embarkation at 12:00 on 28th December 🤦‍♀️ 

Have you ask msc re this as that would mean you would need to get tested xmas/boxing day? 

Edited by Cruiseforever11

1 hour ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Have you ask msc re this as that would mean you would need to get tested xmas/boxing day? 

Thought I’d wait a few weeks to see if anything changes before contacting MSC. In the meantime I’ve done a bit of research and the drive through testing centre at Birmingham airport (about 30 minutes from us) seems to be open over Xmas. I’m worried though about the results being delayed if the lab they use isn’t processing tests in the timeframe they usually do. They normally aim to deliver the results by 10pm the day after testing and I’ve emailed them to ask if this will be the same for a test taken on Boxing Day. Haven’t heard back from them yet though.

6 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Thought I’d wait a few weeks to see if anything changes before contacting MSC. In the meantime I’ve done a bit of research and the drive through testing centre at Birmingham airport (about 30 minutes from us) seems to be open over Xmas. I’m worried though about the results being delayed if the lab they use isn’t processing tests in the timeframe they usually do. They normally aim to deliver the results by 10pm the day after testing and I’ve emailed them to ask if this will be the same for a test taken on Boxing Day. Haven’t heard back from them yet though.

Ah yes I forgot about airports as they operate right through Xmas. Fingers crossed that they can get it done for you. 

11 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Ah yes I forgot about airports as they operate right through Xmas. Fingers crossed that they can get it done for you. 

Received a response to my email this afternoon from ExpressTest who operate the drive thru test centre at Birmingham airport. They confirmed that the timeframe for results will remain the same as normal over the Xmas period so that’s a relief. I’m going to book the tests for Boxing Day morning so we should get the results on the 27th then sail on the 28th 🤞

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Received a response to my email this afternoon from ExpressTest who operate the drive thru test centre at Birmingham airport. They confirmed that the timeframe for results will remain the same as normal over the Xmas period so that’s a relief. I’m going to book the tests for Boxing Day morning so we should get the results on the 27th then sail on the 28th 🤞

Ah that's good news 😃 at least that's one less thing to worry about. I haven't booked in our test yet at the metro centre in Gateshead but will do in the next week.

Its like Advent now counting the days till we go. A bit stressed about all the paperwork to enter these places so I've been on amazon today and ordered a file with separate sections to take all cruise docs in as I will do paper versions of everything incase the internet or some app goes down as not taking any chance! Oh and I managed to get some of those clear cruise luggage labels finally at last to put our paper tags in.

After all that then there's the weather wondering if its going to be cold and wet or cold and sunny. Just looked at my wardrobe thinking I need to get some warmer clothes! What a shame that means a trip in the next week to go clothes shopping! 😁🤭

• Like 1