Point of arrival in Moorea

Mocamps

To anyone who has been to Moorea with Windstar.........

Can you please tell me where you arrive on the island? I am trying to book a sailing tour and the company want to know (apparently there are two possible arrival points?) as their tour normally starts at 8 am and our arrival time is 8am so we need to be prompt. I think it's something to do with the winds/tides?

Thank you 

I just returned from the 11 day Tahiti and the Tuomotos tour on Star Breeze. We anchored in Cook's Bay and the tender took us to a dock near the Hotel Kaveka, I think. The port talk made it sound like this was routine, so maybe the other site in Oponohu Bay is the exception. Also, if the ship does not start letting people off until 8 AM, the tender ride does take a few minutes, so let your tour company know that you might be just a little late.

11 hours ago, lisajltx said:

I tried to book a tour from Moorea a couple of days ago and they (the tour company) would not take our booking because the tour started at 8am and they wouldn’t wait.

That might be the same problem I’m having. Was it a sailing company? If so, the one I’ve contacted is willing to do an afternoon tour starting at 12 if I can get more people. What date are you looking at in Moorea? 

On 11/3/2021 at 3:10 AM, Mocamps said:

That might be the same problem I’m having. Was it a sailing company? If so, the one I’ve contacted is willing to do an afternoon tour starting at 12 if I can get more people. What date are you looking at in Moorea? 

We were looking for 12/24/21. We were booking through trip advisor.

3 hours ago, Mocamps said:

I've just booked mine through Voila Moorea and they are going to wait for us.

That was the same company that we were booking through Trip Advisor. I wonder if they didn’t want to wait because it was Christmas Eve? Did you contact a specific person? We had communicated with Liza.

8 minutes ago, lisajltx said:

That was the same company that we were booking through Trip Advisor. I wonder if they didn’t want to wait because it was Christmas Eve? Did you contact a specific person? We had communicated with Liza.

What excursion were you doing- have some other really good snorkel outfits and also jetski.

This is a sailing catamaran so I don’t think there are too many of those! I was also in communication with Liza and she’s been really helpful. It may be best to go direct? But she very casually told me she’s about to give birth so she may be somewhat distracted!!

@lisajltx

Just in case you'd think of another island to do a private sailboat, not, catamaran, but awfully nice. Huahine. Sailing Huahine Voile. https://www.tahitisailingcharter.com/index.php?lang=english

You only need one other couple to make it a go. There is no lunch other than what you can get in the grocery store in Fare (HUGE- you'll have no problem) and it's about 500 feet from the dock where Breeze will unload and the Eden Martin will board. We've done it twice and loved it. Just don't engage Martine in French politics! 😉  They are both great people- enormously entertaining.

@lisajltx

It's been about 8-9 years since we've done it but Moorea Miti Tours does cat tours if that interests you. They are a big operator so hard to say how many will be with you, but they are nice people and will show you a good time. Book on Viator, My MOST favorite in Moorea is spendy, but amazing.Mermaid Private tours. Just maximum 4 people and might be just the two of you Christmas Eve. ayou do what you want to do but it's a plain boat. No lunch on the full day- they drop you off at a terrific restaurant. But they make it a VERY special day. $200pp for the day. The owner is "Luna" a real sweetheart.

https://mermaidprivateboattours.com/

Merry Christmas!

13 hours ago, Petoonya said:

@lisajltx

It's been about 8-9 years since we've done it but Moorea Miti Tours does cat tours if that interests you. They are a big operator so hard to say how many will be with you, but they are nice people and will show you a good time. Book on Viator, My MOST favorite in Moorea is spendy, but amazing.Mermaid Private tours. Just maximum 4 people and might be just the two of you Christmas Eve. ayou do what you want to do but it's a plain boat. No lunch on the full day- they drop you off at a terrific restaurant. But they make it a VERY special day. $200pp for the day. The owner is "Luna" a real sweetheart.

https://mermaidprivateboattours.com/

Merry Christmas!

Thanks, I will take a look at both of those!

11 hours ago, Mocamps said:

We tried Huahine Voile for our cruise but they had a 1 week charter for that week. I guess this is where a smaller cat is less likely to be booked.

Yeah, and at Christmas, you're right, it's likely to be booked for the week. Although now 4 times we've tried to book with them and they were always free so worth a try.

Moorea Miti is a bigger outfit- might help for a booking at Christmas, might not.

Hope it works out @lisajltx

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 9:17 PM, ravinblue said:

I just returned from the 11 day Tahiti and the Tuomotos tour on Star Breeze. We anchored in Cook's Bay and the tender took us to a dock near the Hotel Kaveka, I think. The port talk made it sound like this was routine, so maybe the other site in Oponohu Bay is the exception. Also, if the ship does not start letting people off until 8 AM, the tender ride does take a few minutes, so let your tour company know that you might be just a little late.

I'll second this - the 11/11 cruise also stopped in Cook's Bay.