Beer on the edge

endi302

I am hoping someone recently on the Edge if you can tell me what types of beer are at the pool and also what size they are?  Last time I was on a cruise they were the aluminum bottles and I am trying to plan my brumate choices for packing.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, endi302 said:

I am hoping someone recently on the Edge if you can tell me what types of beer are at the pool and also what size they are?  Last time I was on a cruise they were the aluminum bottles and I am trying to plan my brumate choices for packing.

Thanks!

All the ones we had (Oct 26 sailing) were served in the original glass bottles. We had Red Stripe, Stella, XX, Newcastle Brown Ale.  I also saw Corona in the bottle. The only aluminum I saw was the bottled water. 

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I cannot answer your question, but I just wanted to comment that the title of your thread also could be the title of my biography.

And i thought the tittle meant ‘Edge Beer’!  

OP - Aren’t we a lot of help!!

0192006E-E3A6-4DA7-BD46-870EF614D444.webp

Edited by Denny01

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, endi302 said:

Thanks!

I can't believe you asked this (a few years ago). I am trying to find the exact same information for the exact same reason. Love my Brümate! Now that you've sailed, can you please tell me for sure what sizes were on the ship? We're going on our first Celebrity cruise in less than two weeks. TIA

10 hours ago, amyj23 said:

I can't believe you asked this (a few years ago). I am trying to find the exact same information for the exact same reason. Love my Brümate! Now that you've sailed, can you please tell me for sure what sizes were on the ship? We're going on our first Celebrity cruise in less than two weeks. TIA

Glass bottles are all 12oz, but Red Stripe has that short fat bottle. As far as I know, no koozie holds Red Stripe well. Newcastle also has an oddly shaped 12oz bottle, but I think it should fit in most bottle koozies. Coors Light (and the very tasty spring water) is in 16oz aluminum bottles. Not sure about Budweiser; didn't see anyone drinking it. I've also seen a couple references to Ketel One Spritz and Topo Chico Seltzer, too, on the menus for an upcoming Beyond sailing. So they may have 12oz slim cans.