Warning about Bianax Now Tests

llarsen

13 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

These are the Binax Now proctored home tests.  

Oh so sorry!  Someone above was talking about Walgreens and I did not segue "in my mind" back to the REAL topic! I didn't mean to Hijack the tread!!!!

1 minute ago, HLR said:

Oh so sorry!  Someone above was talking about Walgreens and I did not segue "in my mind" back to the REAL topic! I didn't mean to Hijack the tread!!!!

That was not a hijack.  I would give you an example, but it would start arguments.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HLR said:

Hi BigGuy!

The QR code is on the app? I just called Walgreen and the recording said "Test results do not come with QR Codes". Please to explain. Thanks!

Sorry if this is off-topic but I wanted to respond to this.  I was on the 10/31 Magic cruise and we did the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic Test (the one that says results return in about 24 hours).  With the email that is sent, a link is provided to view the results.  The results do have a QR code, but we opted to just print the results (which also had the QR code).  The reps at the port made sure that name and DOB matched the person on the itinerary and that the results were negative.  They looked it over very carefully (this was at Port Canaveral).

Also, even though the website says that the results would be back within 24 hours, we both had our results within 2 hours.  We did have these at-home tests, just in case something happened.

Hope this helps.

On 11/11/2021 at 6:38 PM, TechDiva said:

Sorry if this is off-topic but I wanted to respond to this.  I was on the 10/31 Magic cruise and we did the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic Test (the one that says results return in about 24 hours).  With the email that is sent, a link is provided to view the results.  The results do have a QR code, but we opted to just print the results (which also had the QR code).  The reps at the port made sure that name and DOB matched the person on the itinerary and that the results were negative.  They looked it over very carefully (this was at Port Canaveral).

Also, even though the website says that the results would be back within 24 hours, we both had our results within 2 hours.  We did have these at-home tests, just in case something happened.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! There is so much conflicting information. I was actually told on the phone with Wallgreens that the "Rapid Diagnostic Test" and the "Rapid Antigen Test" are two different things and they do not do the Antigen test. Argh!

On 11/4/2021 at 3:02 PM, llarsen said:

Hi there,

I just wanted to warn others who will be using the BianaxNow AG Covid (Proctored) Home Test for travel.

We have used this test 5 times with no problems...until last night.

We have a large family reunion cruise leaving out of Long Beach TODAY,  and one person in our group could not test until late last night.

Her test had NO FLUID in the dropper to complete her test!! 

I have 2 extra tests and will be bringing them to her this morning, and praying that they have fluid (they are from the same shipment as one that had no fluid)

So if you are ordering these tests for travel...ORDER EXTRA KITS or it could mean you miss your cruise or international flight if something goes wrong with your kit.

Also I would test at the earliest time allowed for your travel.

Please wish us luck!

Yikes! Would they refund you for the extra test with liquid?

Edited by travelplus

On 11/20/2021 at 11:25 AM, travelplus said:

Yikes! Would they refund you for the extra test with liquid?

I didn't ask for refund on it. They did refund me for the tests that I ordered and they lost (went to Chicago instead of California). 

• Like 1

I should also point out that Carnival CC has a sticky thread on COVID Testing at the top of the Carnival Topics. You will find Many questions and responses there. Trying to keep all the COVID testing questions and answers in one place so they are not repeated over, and Over, and over yet again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 12:24 AM, RGEDad said:

I should also point out that Carnival CC has a sticky thread on COVID Testing at the top of the Carnival Topics. You will find Many questions and responses there. Trying to keep all the COVID testing questions and answers in one place so they are not repeated over, and Over, and over yet again.

That is great to hear! I am planning on Abbot home testing on the Friday morning at 7 am the week before Christmas week and thought it might be very busy with long wait times. But that is encouraging to hear that 2 days before Thanksgiving was free and clear!