Staterooms on Tauck ms Grace

bug18

bug18, I can't speak for the ms Grace, but my husband and I were on the ms Sapphire in September, and I believe the ships have similar layouts. We chose a cabin in Category 7 on Deck 3 and were really happy with our decision. The cabin was spacious, with plenty of storage, including a walk-in closet and room under the bed for our suitcases. The bathroom was wonderful as well and had more than enough storage space. I especially loved the two floor-to-ceiling windows that opened onto the river!

Here's a link to a blog post from our cruise that includes photos of the riverboat. I hope this helps!

https://www.themodernpostcard.com/cruising-the-seine-views-from-the-top-deck-life-on-board/

Mary

Travel Blog: https://www.themodernpostcard.com

On 11/4/2021 at 2:24 PM, bug18 said:

Is anyone familiar and have an opinion on the stateroom categories on the ms Grace?  I am contemplating my first river cruise and not sure of which stateroom category to book.

@bug18 We have not sailed with Tauck so I can't speak from experience but after looking at the deck plans I would choose a category 5 or 6 on Ruby deck. I really don't care for the lower level (Emerald deck) cabins on most river ships but then again I don't quite understand the split level set up on the category 3 cabins.  I wouldn't spend the extra money to more up to the Diamond deck. The view isn't all that much better, they will cost more, and the Ruby cabins at 225 sq. ft. are already larger than most river cruise cabins.  

You've already chosen a premium cruise line so I really don't think you can go wrong. We've done five R.C.s and I was hooked after the first. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip!

Paul

I’ve been on two Tauck river cruises and will be on my third Christmas Market trip December 13th, Brussels to Amsterdam.  Both previous trips I’ve booked the split level loft cabins and loved them. The elevated area with the large window that opens from the top was excellent. We spent time watching the River traffic and and the scenery. You don’t spend much time in the cabin but it was roomy with plenty of storage.  I’m used to booking a deluxe verandah cabin on larger cruise ships.  River cruising is much different than ocean trips.  Now I’ve always been on winter Christmas trips so we didn’t open the windows much, but I imagine it would nice in the summer.  I’d book the same category on any Tauck trip.

• Like 1