Repositioning cruises

MickeyP

MickeyP,

Most Panama Canal respositioning cruises take place in April/May and August/September when ships are being moved from Alaska back to the East Coast and vice versa. Nearly every major cruise line follows this practice, so I'd say pick the one you like, go on their website, and name your poison. You didn't say if you want to go East to West or vice versa, but generally, ships go West (East coast to California) in the Spring and the opposite direction in the Fall. Most seem to shuttle between say, Miami or Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles, except for Holland America, which appears to be homeported (on the West Coast) in San Diego. If you don't wanna go web surfing, try looking in the back of your cruise line's brochure. Many lines have a little chart showing exactly where their fleet is located throughout the year. Have fun.

Is there any cruise site that lists the repositioning of ships? We 'd like start or finish a cruise in either San Diego and the East Coast, going through the Panama Canal.

I am sure they all cruise lines have them on their sites. All of the major cruise search engines (Yahoo / Expedia / Vac to Go / etc) also have them. And I am sure you can search by city such as San Diego. You will probably have more choices expanding your options with Los Angeles or San Francisco or Seattle.

We were fortunate and got a great last minute offer for our Dawn repo cruise. I would recommend them and look forward to another in the future.

Had a great repositioning cruise last September/October on the Coral Princess--LA to FFL--think it was a 15 day cruise

There are lots to pick from

We're taking another repositioning cruise this May, LA to Vancouver--have too many planned, but this might be the Sapphire.

Nancy:)

Is there any cruise site that lists the repositioning of ships? We 'd like start or finish a cruise in either San Diego and the East Coast, going through the Panama Canal.

go to the hal board and look at panama canal cruises --they will tell you the departure and arrival ports

example

zaandam ----san diego to ft laud

volendam==== san fran to ft laud

ryandam san diego to tampa

volendam ft laud to los angeles

Zaandam -- ft laud to san diego

just to name a few

Archived