Confused on Test Options

jgoodm

Hi All,

Reading these threads I’m a little confused and concerned about the pre-cruise testing. 

We are two adults and two children.  

Does the guideline say that the kids can test within 3 days OR LESS and the adults need to be 2 days OR LESS?

I was planning on going to CVS for a rapid test for the whole family but I am wanting to do all four of us at the same time so I assume I can do that one or two days out for all of us?

Also, since everyone is reporting weird cancellations with CVS what do you guys do as a back up plan?

Thanks. 

J. 

3 minutes ago, jgoodm said:

Reading these threads I’m a little confused and concerned about the pre-cruise testing. 

One of the few times I'd recommend going to the RCI's web site to make it more clear (see below) and ignore what's being said here (to cut down on the confusion):

pre-cruise-test-days.jpg

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 6

We are in the same situation. We plan to get everyone rapid tested 2 days before our cruise. We leave on Saturday the 20th, so on Thursday the 18th we are getting rapid tests at a local city-run testing site that is walk up, no appt. needed. We have used before and usually get the results in our email before we get home.

I am also making backup appts at Walgreens for Friday for the ID Now test (1hr turnaround) but will cancel them if I get the rapid antigen tests back on Thursday.

Still boggles my mind that they accept Antigen tests even for unvaccinated kids, but I am glad they do!