Jump to content

Test Kitchen pairing and bar tab


solotrip
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, solotrip said:

Is the Test Kitchen wine/cocktail pairing covered by the bar tab? Probably is, but I don't want any surprises.

I asked the person on the phone I talked to yesterday and they said yes but didn't seem confident...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2021 at 5:48 PM, solotrip said:

Thanks so much!

I think I may have answered your question incorrectly based on something I’m seeing.  We had a regular bar tab where we paid $300 and got an extra $125 to spend on drinks.  We were not in the mega rockstar suite.   I see people on other topics saying bar tab too so I want to clarify for you.  They said they couldn’t use their drink allowance for the pairing.  Hope that helps.

Edited by Chamoretta
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had the bar tab on our account as a regular sailor and every charge we made came out of that balance, even my bingo card. We had exhausted the balance by the time we hit test kitchen, but the pairings were excellent!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2021 at 8:46 PM, ociana said:
On 11/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, Chamoretta said:

I think I may have answered your question incorrectly based on something I’m seeing.  We had a regular bar tab where we paid $300 and got an extra $125 to spend on drinks.  We were not in the mega rockstar suite.   I see people on other topics saying bar tab too so I want to clarify for you.  They said they couldn’t use their drink allowance for the pairing.  Hope that helps.

 

It helps. I'm a regular sailor too (staying in the cheapest cabin lol.) Thanks for clarifying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2021 at 8:46 PM, ociana said:

We had the bar tab on our account as a regular sailor and every charge we made came out of that balance, even my bingo card. We had exhausted the balance by the time we hit test kitchen, but the pairings were excellent!

Hmm...the site says the bar tab can't be used on other things, but maybe Virgin is making errors in favor of customers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, Wildcatllamas said:

I have heard that the first several sailings had the issues of everything coming out of the bar tab. Supposedly they have fixed that issue.

I just go off my cruise on Sunday and everything still came off as one tab.  I did the upgraded internet and paid for a class and they both came off of my Bar Tab no problem.  I would suspect that it works with Spa still as well.  I'm sure they will fix the issue eventually but as of 11/21 it still was a single Tab.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 8:28 PM, mbfrenc0586 said:

I just go off my cruise on Sunday and everything still came off as one tab.  I did the upgraded internet and paid for a class and they both came off of my Bar Tab no problem.  I would suspect that it works with Spa still as well.  I'm sure they will fix the issue eventually but as of 11/21 it still was a single Tab.

Thanks! I just got off Friday, met a woman that did the spa day pass and an excursion and it all came off the bar tab. I even gambled a little with my bar tab! I hope they don't fix it - was much easier to get through this way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...