Antarctica Flight Info?

Doclori

Has anyone gotten any kind of flight information? It would be nice to know, four weeks out.

And is anyone actually going to Antarctica? No replies to my December 10th roll call. Maybe social distancing won't be too hard. 😕

I haven't received any info from Atlas yet, but my cruise is almost a month later than yours. Have you tried calling Atlas to find out the timing? I understand a lot of people on the board complained that their flight info to Europe came very close to actual sailing date, earlier during the summer.

Hello!

Long time lurker, first time poster.  🙂

I’m on the same sailing & asked my travel agent the same question this morning.  Quite promptly I received information from Atlas that they just got the charter info today & they sent information by email.  It’s quite a bit to post on here, so I’d suggest you have your travel agent have them send it to you.  We are making our own way to MCO, so the info might have been delayed if you have all your air booked with Atlas.  The good news is it sounds like this trip is a go!

• Like 1

Thanks, both.

Not long after I posted this, I heard from my TA. She was waiting to my flight from South Florida to Orlando was confirmed. I told her I want to drive to Orlando, for reasons. 

I guess I'll get some more info today. FOUR WEEKS!!! 

Update: The phone message we got just had info about the MCO logistics, and nothing to do with my flights from/to SFO to MCO. I called Atlas yesterday, but the Air dept had gone home. Also, we are back to non stop MCO Ushuaia on the way down, but for customs reasons, we have to stop in Nassau on the return in order to clear customs before arrival in MCO.  

Nassau? That's pretty random. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the nonstop changes again to a stop anywhere between Bogota and Buenos Aires. What are the MCO logistics like? Curious how they will do the connection.

Pretty sure you still need the PCR test within 72 hours as it is a requirement of Argentina.  Not 100% positive, but we want to make sure we cover all our bases.  I believe the test they are giving us prior to the flight is a rapid test.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:50 PM, Doclori said:

Do I understand correctly that we don't need to get tested in advance?

They're testing at the airport. 

That's what they said when I called. Our flight is scheduled for 715pm and they are doing testing from 2-5pm. But once you take the test you are not allowed to leave the room they've reserved for our group. Once you test negative, you are "in the Bubble" and you'll stay there until the flight departs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1