Excursion help in Montego Bay

GA_Traveler

1 hour ago, GA_Traveler said:

Any suggestions for excursions in Montego Bay, Jamaica?  I'm not really wild about any of the ones offered by the ship.  Where's everyone else going?

Dawn

We have been there a few times, many more times at ocho rios.

We don't care for Montego bay. The only thing we did there was a rafting trip on the Martha Brae. The Bobsled, dunns river, and other better tourist sights are in ocho.

If you don't mind a bus trip, then head to the ocho rios sights.

Stay on the ship and enjoy its amenities.  Unless, of course, you enjoy being hassled by aggressive taxi drivers, taxi drivers that leave you off for a tour with a "promise" to return to pick you up to return to the ship and are AWOL, and those who want to sell you some drugs.

It's too bad; but, that is reality for this port.  The island has much beauty; much to offer.  Yet, their government has yet to figure out how to stop such behavior that turns off this visitor to the island.  Have visited it twice; each time was a bit "worse" than the time before.  On the third visit, seeing that I had go through the mass of taxi drivers at the exit of the port building, I turned around and re-boarded my ship.

15 hours ago, GA_Traveler said:

Any suggestions for excursions in Montego Bay, Jamaica?  I'm not really wild about any of the ones offered by the ship.  Where's everyone else going?

Dawn

Not sure when you are supposed to stop there, but on our 11/20 Seashore cruise they recently changed us from Montego Bay to Falmouth, Jamaica.  Still no excursions available for us to consider.

I would agree that Montego Bay itself is dissapointment but last time we were there we hired a van to take us to Negril which is still a nice beach.  At the time, in Negril there was a Margaritaville which offered loungers on the beach.  The beach itself is very long, and great for a hike.  You might check the destinations board for more up to date info.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, neptuno said:

but last time we were there we hired a van to take us to Negril which is still a nice beach

Was there the taxi driver crowd that you had to go through in order to get to your van?  Had the van been arranged for in advance of your arrival?