Just back! Our VIKING SKY-tastic 7 day Iconic Mediterranean cruise. November 7 - 14, 2021. Full trip report with tons of pix.

Sleep7

2 hours ago, millybess said:

Haha!  The cheque is in the mail. 😊

Lovely review. You made us feel like we were right along with you but without the perks!  

Haahaa! You made me laugh Millybess!

Yes.. my check is somewhere in the "mail" between Italy and the USA.

Actually there is a way to check the VAT refund on line.. it's showing that hasn't been processed yet.

The website says they are waiting for my form with the customs stamp.. I'm assuming it will get there eventually.  The Mailbox was clearly marked and actually stuffed to the brim so I'm not sure how often it's emptied.

They did say 3 - 5 weeks so I have a bit of time to keep posting "impatient" Spanky pix.😁

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Q49fdvCHe3R9tNceGEKo3aqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1639231585

👋Update! I just checked the email link from Global Blue about my VAT refund and the status changed from "Customs validation needed" to "Refund pending."

Things are moving along.  Took 4 weeks for this step.. next is a refund on my credit card.

I'm very optimistic!😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

enhance

👋Good news! Last VAT update.. this tale has now been put to bed.

The refund showed up on my credit card.. about 6 weeks from the purchase date.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2022 with "Calm Seas and Prosperous Voyages!"😃

• Like 1

👋Hello millybess and Happy New Year!

Thinking positively I have been seriously looking at cruises for this spring.  Not sure if I would rather take a river or an ocean cruise. Do you have plans for any futures or are you waiting it out a bit?

Our current plan is to fly to Oslo in May and do the Fjords cruise from Bergen to Amsterdam then fly to Santorini which is an island we love. We hope that works out and we have no plans to cancel.

We have a Med B2B in 2023, a WC in 2024, which we might switch to Hong Kong - Vancouver and then delay the 2024 WC to 2025.  You know....the best laid plans go awry. 😀  We will see where this takes us, but I am more optimistic now than I have been in the past year.

9 minutes ago, millybess said:

Our current plan is to fly to Oslo in May and do the Fjords cruise from Bergen to Amsterdam then fly to Santorini which is an island we love. We hope that works out and we have no plans to cancel.

We have a Med B2B in 2023, a WC in 2024, which we might switch to Hong Kong - Vancouver and then delay the 2024 WC to 2025.  You know....the best laid plans go awry. 😀  We will see where this takes us, but I am more optimistic now than I have been in the past year.

🤩Oh my goodness! You not only have a plan but a plan and a half!

That's awesome!

What an array of cruises and vacations you have coming down the pike.

We are looking at May 2022 as well.  I feel confident about it.. but as you said.. who really knows.  Let's err on the side of positivity!

I wish you all the best that they all come true.. I bet they will.🤗

Edited by Sleep7
  • Thanks 1

Oh my goodness! Your story and photos were wonderful!!! Due to the stupid pandemic, we’ve had 2 Viking cruises and 1 NCL cruise crammed into 2022…I have missed traveling…but our employers will be shocked and dismayed to have us gone so much during 2022! 

Your story made the experience come alive again…thank you so much! we are not even doing the same cruise, but it made me think…. I just may incorporate your cruise into the next one that we will book when we are on the British Isles Explorer this summer!

Thank you again for putting so much time and effort into your description. We loved it!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Let Me Travel! said:

Oh my goodness! Your story and photos were wonderful!!! Due to the stupid pandemic, we’ve had 2 Viking cruises and 1 NCL cruise crammed into 2022…I have missed traveling…but our employers will be shocked and dismayed to have us gone so much during 2022! 

Your story made the experience come alive again…thank you so much! we are not even doing the same cruise, but it made me think…. I just may incorporate your cruise into the next one that we will book when we are on the British Isles Explorer this summer!

Thank you again for putting so much time and effort into your description. We loved it!

👋Well a million thanks to you  Let Me Travel!

Your compliments made my day.. I'm so glad that you enjoyed my trip report so much!

I just read through it again and it did bring back so many nice memories.. so thank you!

You will not be sorry at all to have one cruise after another in 2022.  We booked this cruise right on the heels of a Danube River cruise where I felt that I had barely gotten over my jet lag from the first cruise and then I was packing for a second.  In the end I was SO GLAD that we went on those two cruises in such a short period of time.  You have to "get while the getting is good" and we loved every moment.

So thank you again.. wishing you all the best in your upcoming cruise adventures.🤗

P.S. love your screen name! So true!

12 hours ago, travel09 said:

Such a joy to see your travels,to remember so much of our beautiful world,and feel that it is possible ,that some time ,we will get to travel again,with Viking, who are simply the best.! Heart warming. !

👋Hello travel09!

I just woke up and saw your incredibly sweet post and it made my day!

Thank you so much for your lovely compliments about my blog.

I frequently go back and reread my "story" as it brings back the joy of the trip.

As you perfectly said.. "to remember so much of our beautiful world and feel that it is possible."

Hopefully we shall all be traveling again soon whenever and wherever we please just like in "the old days."

Can't wait to cruise again soon and hope you are able to as well.

Thank you again.😊

• 6 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, Eggtuary said:

My wife and I are doing that same cruise in March. I’m debating whether to live blog. We will be Europe rookies and we’ve only ever done one short cruise. 

We are doing a larger portion of this cruise (Athens to Barcelona) that I will live blog. Watch for it. We board on September 1. 

Jim

9 hours ago, DrKoob said:

We are doing a larger portion of this cruise (Athens to Barcelona) that I will live blog. Watch for it. We board on September 1. 

Jim

Oh yay.. wonderful that you will be blogging Dr Koob!  I will be looking forward to it.😃