Travel insurance inspection by P&O

pennib

I am getting together our paperwork etc for Azura’s Christmas cruise and note that communications from P&O about travel insurance state that the insurance will be vetted by them prior to boarding the ship and if it is not in order, you will be denied boarding. Can anyone tell me how thorough this is. Presumably as ours is a fly cruise, the vetting will take place at the departure airport. Again, can anyone confirm this?

2 hours ago, pennib said:

I am getting together our paperwork etc for Azura’s Christmas cruise and note that communications from P&O about travel insurance state that the insurance will be vetted by them prior to boarding the ship and if it is not in order, you will be denied boarding. Can anyone tell me how thorough this is. Presumably as ours is a fly cruise, the vetting will take place at the departure airport. Again, can anyone confirm this?

Just make sure that your insurance,"validation certificate" has "cruise:covered" on it and "emergency medical & repatriation" set to a minimum of £2,000,000.As long as you have this all in order i can't see any concerns,apart from the wrong names printed.There could be P&O staff at the airport just to make sure,but you should do all this before leaving home.

4 hours ago, WECRUISEUK said:

.There could be P&O staff at the airport just to make sure

Possibly one person to sort out last minute logistical issues, but certainly not to inspect the minutiae of insurance cover.

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Just as others have said, all you need is your Validation Certificate showing cruise cover. This was all that was required at Southampton in September and is what is required at the airport in the next couple of weeks.

That was what took with us in September. We confirmed we had insurance when asked, but were not asked to show the documentation.