Oxygen

bandgbasset

Now that princess is allowing oxygen concentrators, has anyone sailed with one.  I called princess to talk to the Access Department, and apparently they don’t have a number to call.  Okay, they gave me an email address, and I sent it two days ago and I have heard nothing.

would just like to know what I should do next.  We have a cruise booked the end of January.  I know they use a company called Scootaround.  

thank you for any help.

My husband uses oxygen and has a personal concentrator (Inogen).  On our last cruise (11.2019), he used that around the ship and on excursions and we rented a room concentrator from Special Needs at Sea.  It was in the room when we boarded and had an extra hose, connector and cannula with it.  I'm so glad Princess changed their policy as I was afraid we would have to cancel our March 2022 cruise.  Happy cruising!

• Like 1

I bought an inogen 5 a couple of weeks ago and I really like it.  Princess told me they use “Oxygen Care Providers” but when I called the number it was Scootaround”.

i haven’t been on oxygen very long, so am kind of a newbie.

thank you.

3 hours ago, bandgbasset said:

I bought an inogen 5 a couple of weeks ago and I really like it.  Princess told me they use “Oxygen Care Providers” but when I called the number it was Scootaround”.

i haven’t been on oxygen very long, so am kind of a newbie.

thank you.

Note to "newbies"...change your cannulas frequently. If they get stiff, you'll get a sore.

Your DME should give you as many as you need.

• Like 1

I’m trying to keep up with all the health changes.  They updated their policy on october 28 to allow concentrators. 

I just spoke to a princess rep and she nicely sent the access department another email to contact me.  She said they use special needs at sea, which was mentioned above.