Was/Is there a secret sale?

mommysoncruiser

I did a mock booking of my cruise last night and nothing had changed. I did a mock booking today and nothing essentially changed except that I got a cruise event price with OBC (same price just with OBC now). So I cancelled my original booking which had no OBC and booked the "cruise event" rate with $200 OBC. There is no sale advertised that was different from the day before nor is there any sale besides the 50% off second guest sale. So, is there a secret sale going on?

15 minutes ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I did a mock booking of my cruise last night and nothing had changed. I did a mock booking today and nothing essentially changed except that I got a cruise event price with OBC (same price just with OBC now). So I cancelled my original booking which had no OBC and booked the "cruise event" rate with $200 OBC. There is no sale advertised that was different from the day before nor is there any sale besides the 50% off second guest sale. So, is there a secret sale going on?

What ship and sail date?

9 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I don’t see anything special in the system. Did you by chance book an Indulge or Elevate package which would give you OBC?

No. That is why I was confused.

The first attachment is of the booking from before.  The second is from my rebooking today. Don't know what the CRUISE Event is! I'm happy but I did not see any type of advertisement for it. I just happen to check pricing daily by doing mock booking and this happened.

E179C5EA-EACB-4333-9598-59EEF11D267E.jpeg

0E844396-13DE-4009-A83D-DA02FDC90D77.jpeg

You may have got lucky and booked when they had some sort of IT glitch, maybe that is an upcoming promotion for Black Friday and they accidentally turned it on early and then turned it off again?

The RCLCARES  line item is interesting though, as that is only for Travel Agents to input on bookings. Are you a TA also?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

You may have got lucky and booked when they had some sort of IT glitch, maybe that is an upcoming promotion for Black Friday and they accidentally turned it on early and then turned it off again?

The RCLCARES  line item is interesting though, as that is only for Travel Agents to input on bookings. Are you a TA also?

I guess I should watch it through Black Friday to see if maybe there is something upcoming. I though it was strange but I'm glad I was able to get it.

3 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I'm on that cruise as well. We have lifted and shifted that one so many times (4) I almost forget we are going!

It's a graduation gift for my son. We are staying in Japan for 30 days afterward to explore and travel throughout. We will be home for a week before we go on another 28 day cruise to Hawaii and French Polynesia. Then another 10 day after that one. Going to be gone for a third of the year next year 😂😂😂. Hopefully nothing gets cancelled! 😣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1