Did RCL change its testing for disembarkation ?

cruzincanuck

I just looked  Royal health center- protocols on their website, I can no longer find the statement that they will test us onboard for our trip home 😳

Can someone take a peek as I may simply have not seen it  ?  

Cruising Jan 9th out of Miami but getting all my ducks in a row for this cruise is starting to get to me with the planning, testing and paperwork. It was once fun 

There is some reference, in the RCI forum, to testing being changed to the port after departure.  Although, at this point, it doesn't seem consistent across the fleet.

There seems to still be PCR tests available (either on the ship on the last day or at the port after departure).

I was on the phone with Royal about something else yesterday and he told me there would be a PCR test available for us.  I didn't ask the protocol, as it may change between now and our cruise (December).

• Thanks 1

All the testing requirements to board and come home are in such flux right now that nobody can safely say what is going on.  Everything is changing SO FAST it is overwhelming.  I'm with you in regards to trying to stay on top of things and to be prepared as best as you can to sail.  It does add a lot of duress and anxiety on either end of the cruise.  Why we need to enjoy those days at sea to the fullest.  I believe you are going to continue to see things change for the better, sooner rather than later, on testing requirements.  We're kind of going with the worst case scenario for testing on either end and that helps a lot to calm me down.  Optigen to go, PCR to come home.  If we need to stay an extra day before we come home and get a PCR by the cruise line or on our dime ashore so be it.  Here's hoping that changes asap.  But our cruise is not until May so we have that luxury........

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CKCruising said:

There is some reference, in the RCI forum, to testing being changed to the port after departure.  Although, at this point, it doesn't seem consistent across the fleet.

There seems to still be PCR tests available (either on the ship on the last day or at the port after departure).

I was on the phone with Royal about something else yesterday and he told me there would be a PCR test available for us.  I didn't ask the protocol, as it may change between now and our cruise (December).

For us, this may determine if we fly or if we drive.  If testing when you depart at the terminal, then we may lean towards driving.  That way, if gd forbid one of us is positive, we can drive ourselves home and quarantine there.  If on the ship, then Royal apparently flies you home.  So it makes a difference.  Hopefully things will be more clearer and consistent within the next few weeks.

54 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

For us, this may determine if we fly or if we drive.  If testing when you depart at the terminal, then we may lean towards driving.  That way, if gd forbid one of us is positive, we can drive ourselves home and quarantine there.  If on the ship, then Royal apparently flies you home.  So it makes a difference.  Hopefully things will be more clearer and consistent within the next few weeks.

Good point.  From the RCI page:

If you or a member of your traveling party tests positive for COVID-19 during your cruise, we'll take care of things so you can focus on getting better. Costs related to onboard medical care and your travel home — even a private jet, if needed — are on us.*

My assumption was that if I received a positive test on debarkation, it would still fall under this guarantee, but there is no clear definition of "during your cruise".  Note this was last updated Sept 22, so at that point it was only shipboard testing available.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Backstage Traveler said:

Does anyone know if the PCR tests onboard Royal Caribbean ships are still being offered? All mentions have now disappeared from the website, and no mention of testing at the port either.

I am wondering the exact same thing.

We are also in the same situation.  I was able to see on the Royal app that it still stated it was offered a couple of weeks ago (at the time we was no longer on the website) and when I checked last night,  the phrase was no longer there in the app..  The hoops to get to a cruise and back safely are getting numerous.   Test for the flight and cruise (doing 1 to cover both), test for the flight home and test when we land in Canada.   I realize that the health protocols are apt to change frequently.  We are doing our best to plan and revise when needed but we are starting to get close to our cruise and one thing I counting on was  Royal helps us by conducting the last day the PCR test we need.

I am hoping that recent cruisers can confirm that they have had the test done onboard and I invite others as they to come back and confirm too.

Happy Holidays to all

1 hour ago, cruzincanuck said:

We are also in the same situation.  I was able to see on the Royal app that it still stated it was offered a couple of weeks ago (at the time we was no longer on the website) and when I checked last night,  the phrase was no longer there in the app..  The hoops to get to a cruise and back safely are getting numerous.   Test for the flight and cruise (doing 1 to cover both), test for the flight home and test when we land in Canada.   I realize that the health protocols are apt to change frequently.  We are doing our best to plan and revise when needed but we are starting to get close to our cruise and one thing I counting on was  Royal helps us by conducting the last day the PCR test we need.

I am hoping that recent cruisers can confirm that they have had the test done onboard and I invite others as they to come back and confirm too.

Happy Holidays to all

Just got off Symphony of the Seas yesterday. Home to Ontario last night. When we got on board, we booked our Covid test at Guest Services. They also had a note in the Daily Compass to book your test through a QR code. We had our PCR test on Day 6 (4 p.m) with results via email by 8 p.m. that night. Whole process took 20 minutes. On the last night, they hand delivered paper copies to our stateroom. We did not pay for the tests. They were very organized as they have a testing centre in the Conference centre with 4 testing stations. 

So Day 6 (Thursday) was two days before flight (Saturday). 

Edited by Chickadees
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chickadees said:

Just got off Symphony of the Seas yesterday. Home to Ontario last night. When we got on board, we booked our Covid test. We had our PCR test on Day 6 (4 p.m) with results via email by 8 p.m. that night. Whole process took 20 minutes. On the last night, they hand delivered paper copies to our stateroom. We did not pay for the tests. They were very organized as they have a testing centre in the Conference centre with 4 testing stations. 

I feel they took it off the website just recently, so it is possible yougot grandfathered into that.

I wonder why it's gone.

38 minutes ago, CruisinCanuck63 said:

I think I captured this from the app. 

5A5065E0-BD29-41AB-9B66-8A7A7237A294.png

Any way you could email it to us?

So I called Costco Travel and they called RCCL, the tests are still provided. The RCCL CSR did not know why it was removed from their website. 

I should have asked for written proof -- any way of getting that you think?

1 hour ago, xcell said:

So I called Costco Travel and they called RCCL, the tests are still provided. The RCCL CSR did not know why it was removed from their website. 

I should have asked for written proof -- any way of getting that you think?

You will not get written proof (I tried on another issue about passports). But the Royal agent told me all calls are documented with written instructions and answers. She could read what agents had advised me on past calls. She said if there was an issue, my file could be brought up with written documentation of past phone calls. 

• Like 1

Got off Anthem in Bayonne on Dec 5 and was tested on the ship. Directed to book test on Day 2  using login.com on ship and followed certain links to schedule the test and then had the test on Day 6. They have antigen and PCR depending on what is required. Our results were provided that afternoon after taking the test in the morning.