Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test Questions

BarnCat1

I know the answers are probably somewhere on the numerous posts about this topic, however, I apologize for asking again.

We are coming in 2 days prior to our cruise and would only have a small window of maybe 2 hours in the AM before boarding our plane to get to a pharmacy to test in hopes that the results would be emailed by the time we board the ship.  Not impossible, but not how I prefer to start a vacation either.

I am thinking about doing these tests at home instead.  

These test boxes each come in a 2pk of tests kits.  Does each traveler have to purchase their own test box (2pk) or can one person use the 2pk for 2 people and do the live consult at the same time or even back to back for both?  

Can the live consult be done on a phone (either Android or iPhone, we have both) or should we use iPad or PC?

Is the test itself the same as the regular BinaxNow test that isn't proctored? We have done those before and they are very easy.

49 minutes ago, BarnCat1 said:

I know the answers are probably somewhere on the numerous posts about this topic, however, I apologize for asking again.

We are coming in 2 days prior to our cruise and would only have a small window of maybe 2 hours in the AM before boarding our plane to get to a pharmacy to test in hopes that the results would be emailed by the time we board the ship.  Not impossible, but not how I prefer to start a vacation either.

These test boxes each come in a 2pk of tests kits.  Does each traveler have to purchase their own test box (2pk) or can one person use the 2pk for 2 people and do the live consult at the same time or even back to back for both?  

Can the live consult be done on a phone (either Android or iPhone, we have both) or should we use iPad or PC?

Is the test itself the same as the regular BinaxNow test that isn't proctored? We have done those before and they are very easy.

The 2 pk can be used for 2 diff ppl. The proctor cannot oversee 2 ppl at once for these tests, so ea test would have to be done seperately (each of you would log in seperately to test). Test can be done on either a phone or laptop. I did mine on my laptop, seemed alot easier that way. Both home & proctored tests are the same as far as how you take the test itself.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarnCat1 said:

You should buy two kits so you have a back-up for each of you. If you inadvertently drop the swab or kit on the floor, the proctor will stop the test and make you start over with a new one. This actually happened to Tony of L* L*** L*** Travel. You can watch it on his cruise website.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

You should buy two kits so you have a back-up for each of you. If you inadvertently drop the swab or kit on the floor, the proctor will stop the test and make you start over with a new one. This actually happened to Tony of L* L*** L*** Travel. You can watch it on his cruise website.

Agree, very good advice. Some ppl have even reported that their dropper bottle was empty, so yes, having a back up kit is best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

STRONGLY recommend 2 tests per person. When we used ours my test went fine but when my husband was taking his test, the liquid bottle was dry and he had to open the second kit to get out the liquid, as instructed by the proctor.

Other than that, the kits were easy to use, just make sure that you wait for a proctor to come on the screen before doing anything at all, including opening the kit.

We live in an area that has no rapid testing, I thank goodness we got the extra kits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimrockford said:

Sorry, I'm a little dense.  Does a 2 pack include two tests or four tests?  The standard BinaxNOW self test includes two tests in each box.  I assume the proctored test kit only includes one?

Yes, there is only one test per box. 

10 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

STRONGLY recommend 2 tests per person. When we used ours my test went fine but when my husband was taking his test, the liquid bottle was dry and he had to open the second kit to get out the liquid, as instructed by the proctor.

Other than that, the kits were easy to use, just make sure that you wait for a proctor to come on the screen before doing anything at all, including opening the kit.

We live in an area that has no rapid testing, I thank goodness we got the extra kits.

I would echo this. My parents just returned from 10 days in Spain and used these tests for travel back to the US. They used their phones to do the call (not recommended) and my mother somehow hung up with the proctor while she was showing him her test stick to confirm the negative result. After consulting the help line, she was directed to re-do the test with a new proctor. She was very happy to have had the extra test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1