Linking reservations and lanyards

pehlibaar

We are planning to join friends in their cruise,  they booked through their agent and we plan to book ourselves, can I call DCL and request the reservations be linked so we can dine together? What info would I need? 

Also, I know they used to give silver lanyards for Castaway Club members when you board l, do they still do that and is it one for each person in your room? Just wondering if I should just plan to bring my own or not. 

Thanks so much!!

1 hour ago, pehlibaar said:

We are planning to join friends in their cruise,  they booked through their agent and we plan to book ourselves, can I call DCL and request the reservations be linked so we can dine together? What info would I need? 

Also, I know they used to give silver lanyards for Castaway Club members when you board l, do they still do that and is it one for each person in your room? Just wondering if I should just plan to bring my own or not. 

Thanks so much!!

In order to link reservations you'd need their reservation number and (at least in the past) the full name and birthdate of one of the names on that reservation.

I believe lanyards (and room keys and other items generally given at check in) are now placed in your room onboard.  There's less direct personal contact with large numbers of people for the CMs at check in that way.  The lanyards are one for each returning cruiser.  So, if someone in the room is on their first cruise, they won't get one.

Edited by Shmoo here