Terrible customer service

Adultsonlyyesplease

In a nutshell, booked two years ago three cabins all next to each other so family could be close. Come to find out they switched up our rooms last minute apparently due to “cabin modifications” and now we are far apart. They won’t do anything besides making us pay for their unsolicited changes ($900/room since no inside cabins close to sea terrace cabin). Additionally, my husband no longer able to come due to family emergency. Due to some “coupon” applied to my husband’s account which I have no idea about, they are saying we OWE $302 to take my husband off the trip. What????? Makes zero sense. Beware anyone looking to book on Virgin. They have done nothing but upset us three days before we sail. I’m so disappointed.

They downgraded my cabin two days prior to sailing recently... Said that they needed my XL Sea Terrace for the "quarantine area", and gave me a regular Sea Terrace and $100 in Sailor Loot for my trouble. Their customer service does leave a lot to be desired...

Totally unacceptable. This was to be a family holiday trip and now we won’t be able to hang out in our cabins and get ready together, etc, especially since now I’ll be traveling all alone. I can’t believe they couldn’t upgrade you as your ship was only half full. Grrrr

Edited by Adultsonlyyesplease

6 hours ago, Adultsonlyyesplease said:

In a nutshell, booked two years ago three cabins all next to each other so family could be close. Come to find out they switched up our rooms last minute apparently due to “cabin modifications” and now we are far apart. They won’t do anything besides making us pay for their unsolicited changes ($900/room since no inside cabins close to sea terrace cabin). Additionally, my husband no longer able to come due to family emergency. Due to some “coupon” applied to my husband’s account which I have no idea about, they are saying we OWE $302 to take my husband off the trip. What????? Makes zero sense. Beware anyone looking to book on Virgin. They have done nothing but upset us three days before we sail. I’m so disappointed.

I totally agree, they moved our cabin 3 times with no explanation the week of sailing. They are in fact "renovating" the rooms. This means they are only changing the cabinet doors to a different color.

I spoke with the crew working on them. 25 workers are onboard for 5 weeks to change every door on every cabinet in every cabin from white to wood color. Simply stupid.

Note we did see a "nurses area" posted on some cabin doors, this must be quarantine, but we did not hear of any Covid cases while we were onboard. No masks anywhere. Crew wear them, but many either pull them down or don't wear them at all.

The cruise was fun, food very good, APP terrible, entertainment wacky, music great.

22 hours ago, Adultsonlyyesplease said:

Hi, can you send us a message with your full name and booking # so we can look into this for you. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Adultsonlyyesplease said:

@virginvoyages, cruise critic does not allow me to send you a message. Hopefully you can reach out to me. My 3 booking reservations are 65753, 65755, and 65756. My name is Kr… Ke…. I hope to hear from you as no one from your customer support could. PLEASE make this right!

Thanks for the info. We'll be looking into this and getting back to you shortly. 

• Like 2

To follow up… Virgin did call and had a representative fix our cabin issue. He very kindly explained what happened and stressed that they are learning from their mistakes. I’m impressed that they are reading Cruise Critic and addressing the problems that they see here. I’m happy to say they actually do care about their customers. Now I’m excited to set sail!!

• Like 3

On 11/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, Bruce4fun said:

I totally agree, they moved our cabin 3 times with no explanation the week of sailing. They are in fact "renovating" the rooms. This means they are only changing the cabinet doors to a different color.

I spoke with the crew working on them. 25 workers are onboard for 5 weeks to change every door on every cabinet in every cabin from white to wood color. Simply stupid.

Note we did see a "nurses area" posted on some cabin doors, this must be quarantine, but we did not hear of any Covid cases while we were onboard. No masks anywhere. Crew wear them, but many either pull them down or don't wear them at all.

The cruise was fun, food very good, APP terrible, entertainment wacky, music great.

We were asked to vacate our corner suite for a day. We were the only occupied cabin on the corridor. They gave us a pass to the thermal suite for three hours, Our cabin was not even part of the renovation, but the Rockstar Agent Manager told us it was for own “health and safety”. We asked if we could use our balcony, and were told no.  We were assured they would notify us when we could return to our cabin, but they never did   They renovation work continued in the cabins on our deck all week. At times the strong adhesive-like smell was a bit overbearing. Funny they were only concerned about our health and safety for three hours 🤣

It will be interesting to see the service level when they sail full. 

I am very impressed that Virgin is following the boards here on Cruise Critic. I'm so glad they resolved your issue.

The only other cruise line that used to follow the boards closely was Norwegian. I haven't been on a Norwegian cruise for awhile now, not because I don't like them, but because work has constantly gotten in the way.

They moved me too, changed my solo sea view cabin to a regular sea view on one leg of a back to back. When I called to try to get the same cabin - any cabin - for both legs, they upgraded me to a balcony cabin for free. A couple months ago, a phone rep gave me bad information about the bar tab - said I could carry it over from one leg to the next. Turned out they can't handle that, so their solution was to comp me a $425 bar tab for the second leg. They are certainly in learning mode, but they are paying for their own education 😄.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing tomorrow, Sunday December 19th on Scarlet Lady. We upgraded a couple of weeks ago to a mega rockstar suite. We have spent days trying to email, use the chat, and on hold with the sailor services line to arrange the transportation to the cruise port that is supposed to be included in our “perks.” It’s noon the day before sailing and we have not received any response and will have to Uber/taxi. Doesn’t feel very “mega rockstar.” 

I just got off the 12/15 - 12/19 cruise, I'm sorry you had problems. My cabin lights decided to wake me up, I didn't report it til the last day before returning to Miami because I thought I'd somehow set up the room to wake me and was too embarrassed to admit I couldn't undo it.  🙄

When I did report it, Sailor Services was absolutely fabulous and offered to move me.