Grand Turk replacement

wardwhitty

1 hour ago, matymil said:

How long ago did they switch it? Magic was what we sailed and our GT got switched to Bimini. Im wondering if Bimini is just getting to much traffic now?

About two weeks ago.  We will still have a great time, but would have enjoyed a new port. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

What is the island exchange rate currently?

So like 1 Grand Cayman = 1.5 Nassau's ?

1 Aruba = 1.37 Dominican Republic's?

1 Grand Cayman = 1 Grand Turk = 2 Nassaus or 3 Freeports

1 HMC = 1.5 Nassaus or 2.5 Freeports

1 Aruba = 1.5 Amber Coves or 2.5 Falmouths.  🙂  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, staceyglow said:

It depends on what other ports are available that day, but it has generally been a Bahamas port. I believe we got Bimini as a substitute. 

Ah Bimini.......got to be the least attractive port call ever. Absolutely nothing there, except a trolley ride to a so/so beach. I was surprised so many people did not even get off the ship.....

21 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

Ah Bimini.......got to be the least attractive port call ever. Absolutely nothing there, except a trolley ride to a so/so beach. I was surprised so many people did not even get off the ship.....

Respectfully disagree.  We've been twice out of necessity.  Went to the beach once.  It was 'good enough'.  Next time rented a golf cart and explored further south hitting the beach, the market, and a bar or two.  Now is it on my short list?  Absolutely not.  But as an alternative on a cruise that one pays next to nothing for?  Sure beats any day at work. 

Carnival is very lucky it now exists as early on they had very few port options at all.

20 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I wouldn't consider that a done deal yet though. We're on the Freedom the week before an only recently were told we're not going there. Maybe they are canceling Grand Turk one week at a time. But they are supposed to open early December, so it could end up happening.

Yes I realized I had spelled the names incorrectly right when I hit submit but I had not time to edit it because my students were coming in from recess and they needed my full attention, but thank you so much for pointing it out. It was so very kind of you and we really need more grammar and spell checkers on here. 

3 hours ago, HollyHobbie22 said:

Yes I realized I had spelled the names incorrectly right when I hit submit but I had not time to edit it because my students were coming in from recess and they needed my full attention, but thank you so much for pointing it out. It was so very kind of you and we really need more grammar and spell checkers on here. 

Huh? If you misspelled something, I didn't notice. And I certainly didn't point it out.

I was just saying just because the Carnival website still says Grand Turk for the OPs cruise isn't a guarantee that it will happen.  I'm on that ship the week before them and they only cancelled Grand Turk for us last week, so it's possible they'll still change it for them too.

Edit: I see now. I think you were trying to respond to a post by crewsweeper, not my post.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

15 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Huh? If you misspelled something, I didn't notice. And I certainly didn't point it out.

I was just saying just because the Carnival website still says Grand Turk for the OPs cruise isn't a guarantee that it will happen.  I'm on that ship the week before them and they only cancelled Grand Turk for us last week, so it's possible they'll still change it for them too.

Edit: I see now. I think you were trying to respond to a post by crewsweeper, not my post.

I am so sorry. I guess in my haste I hit the wrong quote button. I was not meaning you at all!  

I guess that’s what I get for being a snarky snot. 

can I blame it on the last day before Thanksgiving break and my students were nuts therefore making me nuts? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 10:45 AM, HollyHobbie22 said:

We sail in December and we were changed from Grand Turk to Caracao.

What date do you sial? We are on the December 4 cruise and still posting Turks and Caicos,which will be open by December 9 when we port there