Only "In The Bubble" Tours Being Allowed For Sailings From Barbados

Not sure if anyone has paid any attention to this or not.  In their most recent release of cruising protocols, Royal Caribbean has announced that for the month of December 2021, anyone sailing from Barbados (The Grandeur) will only be allowed to leave during port calls on official excursions.  So while there are some fantastic destinations listed on the cruises, you'll only see them from inside the bubble and everyone needs to plan on the extra cost involved.

We're not leaving until January, but COVID apparently isn't going anywhere, so personally doubting this requirement is going to change anytime soon.  Rethinking this whole thing.  These protocols were covered in a recent article:

Royal Caribbean releases cruise ship health protocols for sailings through March 2022 | Royal Caribbean Blog

On 11/18/2021 at 5:24 PM, SolivitaCruisers said:

Not sure if anyone has paid any attention to this or not.  In their most recent release of cruising protocols, Royal Caribbean has announced that for the month of December 2021, anyone sailing from Barbados (The Grandeur) will only be allowed to leave during port calls on official excursions.  So while there are some fantastic destinations listed on the cruises, you'll only see them from inside the bubble and everyone needs to plan on the extra cost involved.

We're not leaving until January, but COVID apparently isn't going anywhere, so personally doubting this requirement is going to change anytime soon.  Rethinking this whole thing.  These protocols were covered in a recent article:

Royal Caribbean releases cruise ship health protocols for sailings through March 2022 | Royal Caribbean Blog

Well this should be interesting as our group has chartered the same catamaran that we have enjoyed on several prior visits to Barbados.  The owner has not indicated any issues with our independent group arrangement.  I guess time will tell and hopefully by January things will loosen up somewhat.

11 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

Well this should be interesting as our group has chartered the same catamaran that we have enjoyed on several prior visits to Barbados.  The owner has not indicated any issues with our independent group arrangement.  I guess time will tell and hopefully by January things will loosen up somewhat.

Hi OHCruisinDad! Thinking it probably won't affect your private tour in Barbados, as it would obviously be before or after the cruise.  Only problem will be on port calls made during the cruises from Barbados.

11 hours ago, SolivitaCruisers said:

Hi OHCruisinDad! Thinking it probably won't affect your private tour in Barbados, as it would obviously be before or after the cruise.  Only problem will be on port calls made during the cruises from Barbados.

I should have clarified my post.  We are on the Anthem in January and have a port call in Barbados.  We have been advised that since our charter is all ship passengers we are considered "in the bubble" and our host says that we can proceed with our catamaran outing.  What they won't allow if a mix of ship and non-ship individuals on independent tours.

10 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

I should have clarified my post.  We are on the Anthem in January and have a port call in Barbados.  We have been advised that since our charter is all ship passengers we are considered "in the bubble" and our host says that we can proceed with our catamaran outing.  What they won't allow if a mix of ship and non-ship individuals on independent tours.

This is interesting.  Things could always change before then, hopefully for the better.  Hope you let us know how it went when you return from your cruise.