Spa cabin on Rotterdam?

glorialagos

I would love some help in choosing a cabin on the Rotterdam's sailing Feb 20.  My friend and I will be cruising together, no husbands, and will definitely want spa time. We would love any info on the spa package.

We also are seeking help with choosing a cabin.  We want a balcony and have considered the spa cabins on deck 10.  However, we are not sure that is a good location for everything else.

Is there anyone who has been on deck 10 yet who could provide us with some advice?

Thanks for any help.

Spa cabins are a bit of a gimmick imo.  Location is awesome.  Proximal to the spa / gym / Crow's Nest - Explorations Central, outdoor running / walking track, Sky deck, and Lido restaurant -- which for us is our breakfast and lunch go-to.  Off the starboard range of cabins on deck 10, there is a dedicated stairwell that takes you down into the spa itself.  The in-room amenities are a bit gimmick-y. On Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam there was a yoga mat, a table-top water feature, and a Bose bluetooth wireless speaker (which admittedly was kinda handy to have). IIRC there also is bundled in a six pack of flavoured vitamin water, gratis.  The balconies on 10 + 11 are Juliet-style step-out.   

Personally, If you like the location, I would avoid the 'Q' rate code up-charge, and book on 11 (if the balcony size doesn't deter you) and save yourself some cake. Scott.   

Edited by YXU AC*SE

Agree with the other post....

We are spa folks....go to the gym and the hydro suite daily (sometimes more than one time a day) and "her majesty" frequents the spa services....

We have stayed in a deck 10 spa verandah on the Nieuw Statendam two years ago (free upgrade) and we just got off the Rotterdam 11/3 and were in VF cabin 8004.

Our Rotterdam cabin was just one flight up to the spa area and lido deck....Very convenient for us.  I would not pay for a spa cabin as they are the highest category V cabins and do not really offer anything any more convenient than our VF on deck 8 forward.

(of course this is all subjective as to what is important to you but that's our 2 cents)

Enjoy the Rotterdam....we had a blast!

Also, the cabins, being so far up, sway more. That didn't bother me, but it could bother some people. Personally, the amneties and the small balcony make it not worth the  cost to me. If you got a spa discount, yes. There really is no room for your yoga mat. My water fountain was broken. I got 2 or 3 bottles of Vitamin Water, but they don't replace it. Not sure if they still do that. 

• 1 month later...

We are booked in room 11027 on the Sun Deck. However, is the balcony not large enough for deck chairs? 😮 What is a Juliet-style step out balcony? We made the mistake booking a spa cabin in 2019, thinking the spa pass would come with it, like it did on our prior Carnival cruise, but it didn't. I thought 11027 would be a nice compromise, but we want to at least be able to sit out on the balcony and have coffee!