Coco Cay excursions..

bnsilly

For those that have been to CocoCay...

What can you tell me about the excursions, and what do you recommend??

Thinking about the parasailing, snorkeling, or waverunners??

May end up just layin' on the beach with my Coco Loco..LOL Let me know what you guys think. Goin' in a week. Thanks! :D

We rented waverunners and it was the highlight of our cruise! You go with a group of people and stay in line. There is a leader in front and one in back. You have to go really fast to keep up with everyone and its really bumpy. There are two stops. On one of the stops, we got off our waverunners and there were starfish all over the bottom where the water was about 4 feet deep. We were able to pick them up out of the water. I forgot what the other stop was. We found it to be alot of fun. Afterwards, we had a barbeque lunch on the beach (ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, etc). and then relaxed in the sun.

I did the waverunner excursion at Cococay in 2003. It is a guided tour where you ride in a line with the instructor at front. There is enough space in front and behind where you can go full speed. The excursion lasts about 50 min to an hour. There are certain spots on the tour where you stop and the guide talks about the area.

I also heard snorkling is really fun.

I have done snorkling and the waverunners. Both excellent. The waverunners move quickly but you really get a great tour of the area and they tell you a lot about what the nearby islands were used for, drug smuggling! Fun and interesting.

All the comments about the waverunners are true. Its a good tour, but if you cant keep up, move to the back so the ones who do want to go fast can. Snorkeling in Coco Cay is very good too. Its one of my favorites. The water is cooler now than in lets say July. There will be alot of fish to see this time of the year. If you take the waverunner tour at 8:30, you get free snokeling equipment too.

Have fun....

Can you rent the waverunners on your own or does it have to be through the excursion? DH really loves to get one and go off on his own. This will be our first time to Coco Cay and we've heard such good things we're looking forward to it.

Debbie

We take our own snorkel gear by personal choice, and have used it on other trips. But when we were on coco cay in November, my brother ( 39) had a great time on the water slide, he only paid for 2 trips down but when we go back we will buy the whole day pass.

We’ve done the wave runners and it was fun.

Less advertised, but our favorite, is renting the small catamarans. I think it is something like $45 per hour and can hold up to 4. You can go most anywhere you want in them. They don’t take reservations for these – just go where you see the catamarans and you’ll see a hut for sign up. They also have 2 person peddle boats. These were only $15/hour our last visit ( Oct 05).

Have fun

marci

• 3 months later...
The water is cooler now than in lets say July.

Mariner 5/28/06

I don't like "cold" water at all. Cold to me is anything under 85! I found the water last week to be completely comfortable, to the point that I didn't even notice the temperature.

I read there were record high water temps last fall that threatened the coral and it's not over, so maybe that is why it was very warm water for May.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2006-03-30-caribbean-coral_x.htm

Would it be better then to book it on the ship instead of doing it online in advance?

There are only so many wave runners so this excursion sells out. Even the morning one can do that. I would book it online ahead of time. We really enjoyed the wave runners. I would not want to miss this excursion.

Thanks NL!! Good to know! :)

I tried to tell you once before that I like your new picture! :)

I know I didn't say, "Thanks" to everyone who said that to me and I'm sorry. It got a lot of compliments, which is wonderful, but a couple guys wrote and asked me to, "Hook up" with them and that was just wierd. I thought about pulling it, but let's face it. I'm 42, how long do I have before that photo is old and everything finishes it's slow slide south? :p

We did the waverunners in March and had a blast. We didn't book on line or on board the ship but waited until we got on Coco Cay and booked. I think we got lucky because it wasn't near sold out and there were a lot of us booking on shore but that was probably a fluke. We did the 1:00 tour and so much fun.

I'm 42, how long do I have before ... everything finishes it's slow slide south? :p

Right about the time you stop breathing. Might as well make the best of it in the meantime.

Or, you could move to Australia. Then everything would be slowly siding *north*.

By the way, I enjoyed reading your blog.

Right about the time you stop breathing. Might as well make the best of it in the meantime.

Or, you could move to Australia. Then everything would be slowly siding *north*.

By the way, I enjoyed reading your blog.

Funny. Snort. If it were only as easy as moving to OZ. That's cheaper than surgery. Which, if you can afford I am all for.

Archived