Quest V1 Metal & Glass Balcony

cruisegal#116

We have sailed in a V1 before and YES when you are sitting on the balcony or in the "living room" it does obstruct the view some.  If you are standing then all is fine.  Just picture other balconies with glass below the rail.  In a V1 it is solid metal rather than glass.

We sailed once on short notice and it was all they had left.  I asked the same question, it was a mixed response.  All I can say is I wouldn't do it again.  One of the great pleasures for me is late evening watching the wake/surf under the lights as we plough through the sea.  I can spend hours hanging over the edge doing that.   It certainly does obstruct your view when you're sitting down.  I think it depends how much you use your balcony.

Miss Merry.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:59 AM, Mauzac said:

I have to say... our first SB cruise was on this deck and it actually didn't worry us that much.  It wasn't a dealbreaker for us, although we haven't been on that deck since.

Our first cruise was also in 510, 21 days Antarctica  and we were happy just had to sit on the bed to see over the handrail instead of laying down

From what I remember there was quite a  price difference be a concern for you?

I did a Canadian cruise on Quest (from Montreal to Boston) in October 2019 and stayed on Deck 4IMG_4443.HEIC. (Loved that cruise, by the way!) We booked pretty much at the last minute so I didn't even have balcony and it didn't bother me a bit. For one thing, the weather was pretty chilly so I wasn't inclined to spend a lot of time outdoors (though it may be warmer in September). Also, you spend so much time outside at the ports of call and onboard there are many nice outdoor decks (for example, off Seabourn Square or the tables in back of the Colonnade) so you'll enjoy plenty of fresh air. Everyone has different opinions, of course, but that was my experience. 

Edited by Gee & Gee