NOLA embarkation.

lixogab

Embarking at NOLA.

It's a mess, as expected. Parked at Fulton garage at 10:45. The free bus initially left us on Carnival terminal, unloaded the bags, realized the mistake, reloaded and drove to the NCL terminal.

We checked the bags and were sent to Marriott side entrance for Eurofins test. Walked 2 blocks and saw a 1.5 blocks line.  That was around 11:40. It took around 25 mins to get into the building and another 10minutes til the registration point. (12:15 )

Currently waiting for results.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lixogab said:

Embarking at NOLA.

It's a mess, as expected. Parked at Fulton garage at 10:45. The free bus initially left us on Carnival terminal, unloaded the bags, realized the mistake, reloaded and drove to the NCL terminal.

We checked the bags and were sent to Marriott side entrance for Eurofins test. Walked 2 blocks and saw a 1.5 blocks line.  That was around 11:40. It took around 25 mins to get into the building and another 10minutes til the registration point. (12:15 )

Currently waiting for results.

That's a shame.  We've sailed NCL out of New Orleans a couple of times and it always was some of the best organized, smoothest sailing check-ins we have ever experienced.

Thanks for the information.  It seems like the 1st cruise or two tends to be a little rough for the processing.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be smoother once we get there for our Dec 12 cruise.  Standing for a 1/2 hour is not something I can do easily but if I have to, I will.  Do you drop off your bags first or keep them with you during the testing process?

25 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Thanks for starting this topic.   Following closely as we will be going through this process ourselves in NOLA in 2 weeks.  Hope you both get positive test results and are able to board shortly.  

You mean get negative test results 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Is the luggage drop off outside the terminal?  

Prior years, we have walked to the port and encountered NCL porters prior to the trolley tracks by the Riverside mall parking lot.

Almost on the terminal. Exit the side door and the porters will be there. But may be that's not the only place.

P.S. 50 minutes past the time, still at the port.

• Thanks 1

Jealous.....as we had to cancel our Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony for this sailing as my mother suffered a major stroke this past week......I must admit that I am feeling pretty sad right now.....as my mother is doing well.....and I have upcoming surgery myself and don't know WHEN we will be able to cruise again...

Hope someone bet on an upgrade and is enjoying my beautiful Suite!

8 hours ago, krittykat said:

Thanks for the information.  It seems like the 1st cruise or two tends to be a little rough for the processing.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be smoother once we get there for our Dec 12 cruise.  Standing for a 1/2 hour is not something I can do easily but if I have to, I will.  Do you drop off your bags first or keep them with you during the testing process?

We will be with you for the 12/12 boarding. Staying at the Westen, 100 Rue Iberbille, the night before. Have no idea where things are so hoping for the best to get from hotel to pier to testing to luggage drop off to the ship. Things were so much easier in the "old" days. I plan on reading this site to see what else people write for clues how things are going down there.

Edited by vettprincess
spelling

9 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

We will be with you for the 12/12 boarding. Staying at the Westen, 100 Rue Iberbille, the night before. Have no idea where things are so hoping for the best to get from hotel to pier to testing to luggage drop off to the ship. Things were so much easier in the "old" days. I plan on reading this site to see what else people write for clues how things are going down there.

We are flying in on the 9th and staying at the Wyndham on Rue Royal. Been to NOLA quite a few years ago but never for a cruise. Going to take Uber from hotel to cruise terminal...not terribly far but don't want to do it with luggage.  I am continuing to watch too now that cruises are starting to happen there 

13 minutes ago, krittykat said:

We are flying in on the 9th and staying at the Wyndham on Rue Royal. Been to NOLA quite a few years ago but never for a cruise. Going to take Uber from hotel to cruise terminal...not terribly far but don't want to do it with luggage.  I am continuing to watch too now that cruises are starting to happen there 

Thank you for writing. Have been reading about our hotel and leery about the comments.  Will have daughter see about changing. You are flying a long way so good that you are coming in a couple of days early. We leave a day early from MN cause of the chancy weather.  We will be testing here on 12/10 so will also have those documents.  Have been vac'ed and boosted but want to be extra safe.

I am calling the hotel tomorrow for extra logistics. Bye for now.

You might want to look at the Hilton Riverside or Windsor Court.  The Windsor Court has an amazing afternoon or evening tea.

I am a native New Orleanian.  It is a wonderful city with the best restaurants anywhere.  However, we need to get our crime under control.  Do not wander off by yourselves on side streets in the Quarter.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for posting.  

Just trying to understand this new check in process???

We choose a time to arrive at the port during check in on the NCL site, let's say 10am.

We go to the NCL pier at 10am to drop off luggage

Walk to the Marriott to get in line for the Eurofins test

Wait for results (hopefully negative)

Walk back to Cruise terminal to be processed for check in

Wait for boarding group to be called

Or to we arrive at port at 8am to be at the port to officially check in at 10am (assuming it will take approximately 2 hours for the Eurofins process)?? 

Thanks for any info that anyone can provide.

4 hours ago, santos949 said:

You might want to look at the Hilton Riverside or Windsor Court.  The Windsor Court has an amazing afternoon or evening tea.

I am a native New Orleanian.  It is a wonderful city with the best restaurants anywhere.  However, we need to get our crime under control.  Do not wander off by yourselves on side streets in the Quarter.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you for the information. Crime! I am coming from the war/burn zone that started it all. Enough said.