Disembarking PCR Test in order to take International flight back home.

ExCentriX

Hi,

Going on a Disney cruise for the first time in February!  Excited!  

Canadian here, and was wondering if anyone is on the same boat.  No Pun intended.  😉    But planning to take a flight back to Canada from New Orleans the same day we disembark.  I know New Orleans has alot of Free PCR test centers set up, but take 24-72 hours for results.   Otherwise, I found one so far that takes 15 minutes, but even then, it might be tight for use to catch our early afternoon flight.

I see Norwegian offers PCR tests before disembarking, and will be ready by the time get off the boat and  head to the airport.  Can't seem to find it anywhere, but anyone knows if Disney Wonder offers this as well?

Thanks for anyones help!

Jason

54 minutes ago, ExCentriX said:

Hi,

Going on a Disney cruise for the first time in February!  Excited!  

Canadian here, and was wondering if anyone is on the same boat.  No Pun intended.  😉    But planning to take a flight back to Canada from New Orleans the same day we disembark.  I know New Orleans has alot of Free PCR test centers set up, but take 24-72 hours for results.   Otherwise, I found one so far that takes 15 minutes, but even then, it might be tight for use to catch our early afternoon flight.

I see Norwegian offers PCR tests before disembarking, and will be ready by the time get off the boat and  head to the airport.  Can't seem to find it anywhere, but anyone knows if Disney Wonder offers this as well?

Thanks for anyones help!

Jason

Currently DCL is only offering disembarkment tests on 5 night and longer cruises.

From the DCL website:

Debarkation Day COVID-19 Antigen Testing
All unvaccinated Guests on 5-night and longer sailings are required to take a COVID-19 antigen test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) on the ship the day before debarking.

1 minute ago, Shmoo here said:

Currently DCL is only offering disembarkment tests on 5 night and longer cruises.

From the DCL website:

Debarkation Day COVID-19 Antigen Testing
All unvaccinated Guests on 5-night and longer sailings are required to take a COVID-19 antigen test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) on the ship the day before debarking.

Hi,

Yes, saw that too.  But seems like it's only for those who are unvaccinated.   We are doing a 6 night cruise, but fully vaccinated.   I wrote to disney, hope they can clarify if they have that option to be able to take a pcr test.  

Thanks for checking!

2 hours ago, ExCentriX said:

Hi,

Yes, saw that too.  But seems like it's only for those who are unvaccinated.   We are doing a 6 night cruise, but fully vaccinated.   I wrote to disney, hope they can clarify if they have that option to be able to take a pcr test.  

Thanks for checking!

I did some looking around on another forum I'm on and came up with this:

For Canadians worried about a tight turrnaround time around testing, Air Canada is now partnering with Switch Health for a "take with you and no need to mail" COVID test, which is valid for re-entry into Canada. All you'd need is a decent connection (wifi or regular cell data) for the supervised portion of the test, and upload your results. 

log on to a computer the night before you disembark for a telehealth appointment to supervise the taking of the sample and then the reading of the test. These tests are approved by the Public Health Agency of Canada for returning to Canada. The results are available within 30 minutes.  they were about $125

RT-LAMP self test kits from SWITCH Health

17 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I did some looking around on another forum I'm on and came up with this:

For Canadians worried about a tight turrnaround time around testing, Air Canada is now partnering with Switch Health for a "take with you and no need to mail" COVID test, which is valid for re-entry into Canada. All you'd need is a decent connection (wifi or regular cell data) for the supervised portion of the test, and upload your results. 

log on to a computer the night before you disembark for a telehealth appointment to supervise the taking of the sample and then the reading of the test. These tests are approved by the Public Health Agency of Canada for returning to Canada. The results are available within 30 minutes.  they were about $125

RT-LAMP self test kits from SWITCH Health

Appreciate you checking!  Seems like out of stock.  Cruise is in February.  Hopefully they restock by then, or even better, rules change.  Thanks again!

Any other international travellers requiring a PCR test before flying home, please feel free to write dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com to request this service.  

Chatted with a Disney rep, saying that many other cruise lines offer this service, and they suggest us to write to this email, requesting Disney offering this service.  Will give a lot of us a peace of mind, and not having to worry about staying a few days in the city, waiting for the pcr results before able to take the flight home.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/27/2021 at 10:48 AM, ExCentriX said:

Any other international travellers requiring a PCR test before flying home, please feel free to write dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com to request this service.  

Chatted with a Disney rep, saying that many other cruise lines offer this service, and they suggest us to write to this email, requesting Disney offering this service.  Will give a lot of us a peace of mind, and not having to worry about staying a few days in the city, waiting for the pcr results before able to take the flight home.  

Thanks for that email address. I just gave DCL my two cents about this.

I sail in February as well. We are four Canadians and will spend some time at WDW before the cruise. Our current plan is, while we are at WDW, to book a Walgreens appointment for the day we disembark. There are several stores between Cape Canaveral and MCO. Hopefully we can get 4 appoints back to back at one of them. Have not decided on mode of transportation yet. We will stay one night at an airport hotel before we fly out late morning of the next day.

A test on board would eliminate many steps for us.

• Like 1