IF IF IF we get to visit Grand Turk in December…

xraymomma

I’ll be on the Carnival Mardi Gras which is scheduled to be the first ship to return to Grand Turk. I know there’s no way to know for sure what will happen, but I’m hopeful we’ll be able to stop there. I’ve never been but I’ve heard it’s beautiful. 
My goal is to spend some time relaxing on the beach and swimming in the ocean. Can someone who’s been tell me the best beach for that? We don’t want to book an excursion through the ship due to the uncertainty. 
Thanks!

When we stopped there a couple of years ago we walked up  the beach past Margaritaville and set ourselves up at Jacks Shack further up the beach. The whole stretch of beach is gorgeous but it’s quieter up by Jacks, the Jerk Chicken there is awesome and ocean is beautiful 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:56 PM, xraymomma said:

My goal is to spend some time relaxing on the beach and swimming in the ocean. Can someone who’s been tell me the best beach for that? We don’t want to book an excursion through the ship due to the uncertainty. 
Thanks!

The entire stretch of beach from the cruise pier north past Margaritaville and up to Jack's Shack should be fine for that.   The green "cruise port" chairs and loungers by Margaritaville are free to use; the ragtag ones closer to the water are rented by locals. 

If you're interested in snorkeling, the best snorkeling is out by the safety line (and remarkably close to your ship) along that stretch.  

For a quieter experience you can walk up to Jack's Shack or other places along the way that rent chairs and umbrellas.  The beach to the right (south) was also a quiet option.

For what you want, beach and some swimming, Grand Turk is probably the best port in the Caribbean.  You couldn't ask for an easier, closer beach experience.  

• Like 1