Tipping On Princess

Chip AZ

Princess has an automatic tipping policy. $10 per person, per day is charged to your shipboard account. This is for cabin steward and wait staff. For exceptional service, additional cash amounts are always welcome at the end of cruise. If you utilize room service, you should tip each time they deliver food to your cabin. Generally $2-$5 depending on the size of the order. If you order drinks, a 15% gratuity is added to your bill and goes on your shipboard account. Hope that helps.

$10 p/p p/day is automatically charged to your shipboard account. You may adjust it by going to the purser's desk if you wish.

Some tip extra in cash for special/exemplary service. I've never heard of a cash tip being refused.:p

Princess has an automatic tipping policy. $10 per person, per day is charged to your shipboard account. This is for cabin steward and wait staff. For exceptional service, additional cash amounts are always welcome at the end of cruise. If you utilize room service, you should tip each time they deliver food to your cabin. Generally $2-$5 depending on the size of the order. If you order drinks, a 15% gratuity is added to your bill and goes on your shipboard account. Hope that helps.

Lynda, you're a faster typist than I am.:) However, I wouldn't presume to tell anyone how much or whom they should tip. That's a very personal decision.

BTW - the auto tip is shared by additional behind the scenes crew members besides the dining staff and cabin stewards.

Lynda, you're a faster typist than I am.:) However, I wouldn't presume to tell anyone how much or whom they should tip. That's a very personal decision.

BTW - the auto tip is shared by additional behind the scenes crew members besides the dining staff and cabin stewards.

I don't believe I said an amount that someone "should" tip. I used the words "generally," which in my book implies a general range and certainly not meant to dictate what anyone should do. Regarding the auto tips, I pulled out my last passenger folio and it states: Meal gratuity - $6.55; room gratuity - $3.45; which equals the $10.00 auto tip. Again, that's the "general" description.

We travelled on the Xmas / New Year Cruise 2005-2006.

The Bar staff are not actually paid a salary (or so they say) but receive a percentage of the sales they make, hence they are beside you before you take your last sip. However when we spoke to our Cabin Steward he stated that they did not receive as much as the behind the scenes staff as it was assumed by the company that he would get additional tips from the passengers.

Although you are billed $10 per day payable at the end of the cruise you can if you wish have this removed from your account easily by requesting it at the Pursers desk.

Over a drink with a member of the pursers staff I was informed that more and more people are cancelling the automatic system in favour of the direct tipping.

Archived