Recent Embarkation experience (Smoothest Embarkation Ever!)

denisey

Ahoy Sailors!  (get used to that!)

We were on the Nov 26th sailing of the Scarlet Lady.  We signed up for 2 PM embarkation, which was the earliest for non-Rock Star Suite Passengers. Originally,  we were told to come an hour earlier than that, so I arranged my transportation for that time.  Just before we sailed, they changed it to have you come to the port at your embarkation/arrival time.

We got to the port at 12:40.  They had signs out for 12 and 12:30 embarkation and one for Too Early.  We went to the Too Early sign, but I asked a Virgin Rep if we should wait.  They instructed us to go on in the terminal.

First you scan a QR code to sign up for COVID testing.  It did not work for 2 of the 4 of us, and I was having trouble completing the on line form.  No problem, they have paper forms to sign.  They were 2 pages of COVID testing rules, regulations and information.  We then went to a counter and talked to a representative who collected information for the COVID test (confirmed name, DOB...).  She then sent us to the COVID testing area for a quick swab.  We got purple wrist bands to show we have been tested and sent us to the check in counter.

Quick note, the paper forms, counter and testing tables were all just a few feet apart.

At the check in counter, our information was confirmed and our wrist bands were activated.  Since we filled in the information online prior to the cruise, this took a very few minutes.  My COVID vaccine card didn't show up on their records, so I did have to show that.  The hubs didn't.

We then went to a seating area and waited for our negative results....which came in for all four of us right after we got there!  Note, they send an email with an attachment with the results.  On our phones the attachment is hard to see, so you have to look for that Negative result.

We then went to a waiting area to wait for 2 PM to embark.  We got to the waiting area at 1:08...so a half an hour to go through all the steps!  There were no lines at any of the stops when we were there, so I imagine it takes a little longer once more people show up.  Everything was done very efficiently, so I don't think the lines would have been too long.

They seat you in little groups and give you information on boarding.  We were group 6, but were sitting right in front of the entrance, so we got to go first!  My cousins, who were also on this cruise, came later, but I was allowed to bring them into our group to board with us.

They let the Rock Stars on slightly earlier, and right at 2 PM we were boarding the ship.

The staff we ran into during this process were all friendly, helpful and lots of fun!  There were a couple of reps in wheel chairs guiding us through, reinforcing Virgin's all inclusive policies.

I know there were some hiccups in the boarding process for earlier cruises, but this couldn't have been easier!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, btregoning said:

Can you tell me which cruise terminal they were using?

8 hours ago, MarinerBoy said:

What cruise terminal in Miami?

We were at Terminal C, but I know they were getting ready to change that to Terminal F.  The website does say Term F in the FAQ's

4 minutes ago, denisey said:

We were at Terminal C, but I know they were getting ready to change that to Terminal F.  The website does say Term F in the FAQ's

Problem is that when you click on the map under directions on your Virgin map for day 1 it takes you to pier C not F. This is still as of today 12/05/2021.

7 minutes ago, jodiella said:

Did the Uber bring you right to the terminal?  Our hotel is saying that they cab only drop us off at the entrance and that only shuttles cab take you right to the cruise ship…

We had a private car service and they took us right to the door of the Terminal.  There was a Private car/taxi stand just a few feet away from the entrance/exit.

16 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

Problem is that when you click on the map under directions on your Virgin map for day 1 it takes you to pier C not F. This is still as of today 12/05/2021.

Somewhere I saw a date for when they were going to make the change from C to F, but wasn't able to find that this morning, and I don't remember off hand when this was happening.