Regarding upgrade bids involving Yacht Club on Divina, Mera, and Seashore, since cruises resumed.

no1talks

I'm about to bid on an upgrade from YC inside to YC balcony on Mera, sailing in late Feb.

Of those of you involved in YC bids on the three Caribbean ships since cruises resumed, who succeeded with the minimum listed bid? Who got their upgrade with a bid above the minimum?

Sure, I could plunk down a big, fat offer without breaking the bank and be assured of the balcony upgrade. However, I'd like to play this out with some acumen and put the saved cash towards cruise spending and better tips for the staff.

So, fess up! If you bid into YC from not-YC, or up from "lesser" YC to better, was it on the cheap or did you run the bid slider up a ways? Thank you all in advance for your helpful replies.

2077753051_bid13.gif.78fcd5c32100bf16bd16b8b4f35bab9a.gif

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, titangas said:

Bid the minimum on Friday for an upgrade from Bella Balcony to YC Deluxe on Seashore departing 12/18.

Bid was accepted today, ended up paying $1900 total for 2 of us for 5 night cruise.

The current price for YC room is $3800 for 2. 

How much was your original room and how much was your bid for 2?

Interesting situation I encountered.  Got an upgrade offer to my YC reservation on Seashore for 2/26 two weeks ago.  Did not receive any offer the next week for the 3/5 sailing.  Not surprised, since that sailing saw almost everyone put into Guarantee purgatory.  I'm beginning to suspect that is something going on that week (special booking or partial charter, perhaps?).  Hope it's not a Salsa Cruise nightmare.

41 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

MSC will sell to anyone if it brings in $$$

It's too bad Branson got rights to the name, "Scarlet Lady!"  Too close to Scarlet Woman for MSC to claim rights.

59 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

You will only get upgrade email if youve ticked to agree to get promotion emails. 

You'd have got the email by now so check preferences 

Thanks for the reply. Yes I know I’ve triple checked lol. I thought maybe with the stress free programme the email mightn’t come in until 2 weeks before but who knows. 

2 hours ago, CruisingCats5 said:

Following this with interest. We are sailing 1st Jan on Grandiosa, no upgrade emails as of yet but keeping fingers crossed. 

We are also on the Grandiosa Jan 1st sailing and we have also not received an upgrade email. We have also made sure all the email boxes were checked but still nothing...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, travelwide said:

The current price for YC room is $3800 for 2. 

How much was your original room and how much was your bid for 2?

The bid was for $500 per person.

The original booking was for $942 for the 2 of us.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 4:18 PM, no1talks said:

I'm about to bid on an upgrade from YC inside to YC balcony on Mera, sailing in late Feb.

Of those of you involved in YC bids on the three Caribbean ships since cruises resumed, who succeeded with the minimum listed bid? Who got their upgrade with a bid above the minimum?

Sure, I could plunk down a big, fat offer without breaking the bank and be assured of the balcony upgrade. However, I'd like to play this out with some acumen and put the saved cash towards cruise spending and better tips for the staff.

So, fess up! If you bid into YC from not-YC, or up from "lesser" YC to better, was it on the cheap or did you run the bid slider up a ways? Thank you all in advance for your helpful replies.

2077753051_bid13.gif.78fcd5c32100bf16bd16b8b4f35bab9a.gif

Bid from Balcony to YC GS on two sailings b2b.

Both got accepted. I did bid max and that was my plan.

I was in at $998 for 2 people total inc. booze and wifi.

Max bid was $1310 each so $2620 bid.

YC GS was $8118 so I got in real good.

2nd week in at $1590 and really wanted to stay so I bid $2620 and it was accepted.

I watched the available rooms and both accepted bids were no to one of the available rooms on the website.

Also YC is not full.

1st week only half of the cabins were occupied. Both sides of me were empty.

2nd week, right now there are several empties still.

I did need to move cabins but I was able to move into a vacant one on turn around day at 730am.

If you think getting in on the cheap is going to work, don't hold your breath. Some friends onboard bid $1000 per person and did not get accepted. That's why I bid $2620 on 2nd leg.

They even came up to see about paying for upgrade and were told it's what's on the website price wise, no deals. They left the rooms empty.

I know every now and then there are some great upgrade stories I was not willing to take the chance.

On my 1/9 Divina sailing, I got the bid email 2 weeks ago.

I don't want to go, so I am doing nothing and waiting for the Grand Cayman is closed email and will take the refund.

14 hours ago, CruisingCats5 said:

That’s a great deal. Can I ask out of curiosity when you got the upgrade email? Thanks 

I received an upgrade email awhile back, probably in October.

I did not bid at that time.

Got another upgrade offer the week of 12/6, either Monday or Tuesday and put the offer in late on Thursday, so basically Friday of last week.

I put an offer in for 125 per person on a Suite balcony, the ones that are same room I had but just bigger balcony.

Was just hoping for that, put the YC balcony minimum without any expectation that it would happen, I told my wife I was 95% sure it wouldn’t.

Edited by titangas
  • Like 1

Booked Mera free balcony upgrade handicap fantastica 4 night for $541 total,

bid $540 ea for YC deluxe balcony  which was $5 over minimum - received offer to bid  3 or more weeks before sailing

awarded about 5 days later - handicap cabin 15039

total cost for cruise  $1621

BEST CRUISE EVER 

I do know if I book another cruise I wouldn’t select the included drinks and Wi-Fi offer because they are included with the yacht club if your bid wins of course.  Could not afford option to book YC so winning the bid was amazing!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, titangas said:

I received an upgrade email awhile back, probably in October.

I did not bid at that time.

Got another upgrade offer the week of 12/6, either Monday or Tuesday and put the offer in late on Thursday, so basically Friday of last week.

I put an offer in for 125 per person on a Suite balcony, the ones that are same room I had but just bigger balcony.

Was just hoping for that, put the YC balcony minimum without any expectation that it would happen, I told my wife I was 95% sure it wouldn’t.

Thanks for the info and happy cruising