Check in time online…

Good Afternoon All,

Can anyone tell me what their experience was with checking in online for their cruise?  We are traveling to port (as usual), by bus carrier, and would love to be in the first group called to board. Standing outside for X amount of time in January just doesn’t sit well with me. So, my question is, does the day of online check in mean midnight or eight am, etc.?  Does anyone have insight they’d like to pass along?  Thanks, John. 

It likely is not a consistent pattern.  I was able to check in at the 45 day mark for a mid-December cruise at 6PM Hawaii time (midnight Miami time).  But I was unable to do so similarly for a mid-January cruise just a few days ago at 9PM PST and had to wait until midnight PST.   And it was not exactly from the stroke of midnight but several minutes after that. 

Consistently inconsistent.  So probably not automated or programed but hand done in some fashion.

• 1 month later...

We plan to do our online check-in at 11pm (we're Central time) for midnight ET.  My question is - what items in the online check in are mandatory to fill in prior to selecting your boarding time?   I know I can go back to do the photo (if I want) - but what items are required to be entered prior to selecting the boarding time?  

2 hours ago, moonltnite said:

We plan to do our online check-in at 11pm (we're Central time) for midnight ET.  My question is - what items in the online check in are mandatory to fill in prior to selecting your boarding time?   I know I can go back to do the photo (if I want) - but what items are required to be entered prior to selecting the boarding time?  

You'll need passport or other id proof, i.e., photo id and birth certificate.   Not sure how to put those in as we always use passport.  Also, you'll eventually need to add proof of vaccination,  but that isn't necessary to get checkin time.

8 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Just FYI - we were able to check in for our February cruise about 40 days ahead of time.  Would have waited until 30 days, but someone on the roll call said it was open to check in.  

Checkin starts at 45 days before sail date.

5 hours ago, moonltnite said:

If you are using the app, you can go straight to boarding time.  You can do all the rest later at your convenience.  Another good reason to have the app.