Blanton's/Buffalo Trace onboard

1 hour ago, dominicr said:

very old Barton is the same to blantons as weller is to pappy….right?   

Lol no, but the Very Old Barton is a fantastic pour!  It's a 4 year aged bourbon from the Barton Distillery who makes 1792.  And Pappy is over rated, but I do love my Weller Antique 107!!! 😛

• Like 2

Symphony did not have Blanton's in the bars or the Duty free store.  We were lucky enough to go to St. Maarten and by chance saw the Blanton's Store in downtown.  They had the "cheap" version for $75, the next was the Cask(?) $130, the Red(?) (Japanese only version) $249 and I think the Gold was $349.  Hope this helps.  We ended up with a lot of bottles to bring home--if you buy 3 bottles they will bring it to the ship for you.

On the Symphony Nov. 13 embarkation and they had Blanton's then.  The first night it was sold for $84 a bottle.  Brother and sister in law said if we ever saw it on board to please purchase.  Was able to get a text to them.  We brought back two bottles for them.  I was concerned throughout our flight home whether it would make it.  Glad to report, made it intact!