Necessities for ship workers?

WoodyWindy

On 12/27/2021 at 7:26 AM, kelleherdl said:

there is a post over on the ‘social media’ platform with some good news on this topic.  A passenger on an MSC ship met with the manager of Mega in Cozumel.  The manager was unaware that MSC crew could not yet go ashore to shop.  Ship officers are going to work with the manager to arrange ‘order forms’ in multiple languages to permit mobile ordering by the crew members .  Mega will arrange with the ship to deliver the orders.  All the chatter, the expression of good will by us MSC fans, and communication with the ship’s officers made this happen.

give ourselves a hand!

Dennis

I looked on the "social media" platform (presumably Mr. Z.'s) and couldn't find it. I'm sure it only applies to Cozumel itineraries, but I'm glad to hear this. 

On Divina in October, we did pick some goodies for our cabin steward from Mega because the ship docked very close to this store.  In mid December with RCCL we brought stuffs from Dollar Tree personal items for dining staffs/cafe promenade/cabin steward.  These were not part of their tips and they were glad to have them.

Some of them informed us at Port Canaveral a bus provided by the cruise line would take some with PERMITTED TICKET members to go Walmart only to purchase goods.   But with the surge of Covid in this past week, they might take away that option. 

• Like 1

I bring on tooth brushes, tooth paste, deoderant, shave gel and lotions...but the one single most thing I get asked for is........Doritos!! Next trip I will be bringing several of the variety packs with me for ditribution. 

I usually deal with my room attendant...and if its a male I ask himn to bring female products I have brought to give to someone in need..maybe even in the laundry depatrtment since we have no contact with them. 

Hopefully some day these folks will be allowed back on shore...until then its up to us and Amazon! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kruz said:

I bring on tooth brushes, tooth paste, deoderant, shave gel and lotions...but the one single most thing I get asked for is........Doritos!! Next trip I will be bringing several of the variety packs with me for ditribution. 

Totally agree with this!  There is nothing equivalent onboard to this staple of American junk foodery 🙂 The Maitre D' on the Divina LOVES Doritos!

9 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Totally agree with this!  There is nothing equivalent onboard to this staple of American junk foodery 🙂 The Maitre D' on the Divina LOVES Doritos!

You mean Gaetano! One of many!! LOL!!