Post Cruise PCR testing by Princess

FawnRiver

We’re booked on the Enchanted for Feb. 8th cruise out of Port Everglades. As Canadians, we currently need a negative PCR test to return home. I had hoped requirements would loosen but with the new variant, I doubt they will, so I have to assume that we’ll need a PCR test to board the flight home. The Princess website says that antigen and PCR testing will be available upon disembarkation and I was just wondering if anyone here has used that service. We’re booked to fly back on disembarkation day (flights booked though Princess).  As the website says the wait for the PCR test result is approximately an hour, I booked a 5pm flight home so the timing should work out okay. I also have the option of purchasing RT Lamp test kits to bring with us and do remotely ahead of disembarkation day, but I’d love to not have to spend another $300 if I can avoid it.

Thanks for any information anyone can give.  

We got off the Sky yesterday:  did self walk off a little after 7:30am and cleared customs very quickly.  We then found the testing area right outside where you would be lining up to get into the terminal or getting a taxi, or doing the baggage drop-off.  At that time we only had a couple of people in front of us and did the PCR test and were off to the airport.  They said the emailed results would take 30-60 minutes to arrive…..it took 2 hours……thankfully negative!  Our flight was at 1pm and was delayed.  We had way too much time to spend in the airport 😝 

Edited by lor74

We got off the regal princess yesterday and it took almost two hours for all of us to have our results too. It was right out on the sidewalk and we saw at least seven people test positive. I’m not so sure about this testing location and how sterile it might be. One of the ladies who tested positive from our cruise told me on Facebook that princess then took them over to a hotel at her own expense. Then she called up a company that came to her hotel and she paid them $600 to test four people and that time all the tests came back negative and they had to rearrange their flights so they could come home today. I think I’d consider having a plan b. This is a picture I took of the testing location while I was in line 

E97A8B9E-BA00-4D72-A249-13E3AFAB9585.jpeg

5 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

What is the shelf life of a test?

Right now, the antigen test available through e-Med expires Feb 1 2022.  I don't know if it's an acceptable test for international flights.  I've read conflicting reports.  Here is a link:  https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

4 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

Right now, the antigen test available through e-Med expires Feb 1 2022.  I don't know if it's an acceptable test for international flights.  I've read conflicting reports.  Here is a link:  https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

Has to be a PCR test to get back into Canada, antigen tests are not accepted. 

• Opps - posted about the switch health tests but just re-read your post and saw you already know about that option.  Let's hope Canada will start to accept antigen tests soon!
Edited by kmhkmb