M-class corner FV on Westbound TA

goofysmom99

This is a really specific question.  On a late October Westbound TA out of Rome, is a port side corner FV going to have any shade in the afternoon? (Morning is a given.)  The sunny side is always port but the corner FV is fairly wide and does have a lot of cover.  I'm in one right now and, facing due West, it's sunny all day long but then again it's December when the sun is lower.  So has any old-timer on here ever done a fall Southern crossing in a sunny-side corner FV?  I have one booked but am nervous about sun (health issue).

We did a westbound TA in a port side corner FV on the Infinity nearly ten years ago, in October. (Harwich to FLL.) I am not big on sitting in the sun, and my recollection, and my wife’s, is that we had shade under the covered part of the balcony. Not really when you walked aft out of the cover.   Again, it was some time ago, so don’t hold us to it. 🤣  One thing I’m sure of — it was awesome! 

• Thanks 1

We have sailed a number of westbound TA's . A port FV will start to loose the sun by happy hour. But you will get lots of sun at sunrise on the full deck, assuming its sunny of course. A starboard FV should get some sun towards sunset. 

Hope this helps.