COVID test before disembarkation

little britain

The X site says "Currently all fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the option to receive complimentary testing onboard prior to disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required."

As luck would have it our flight is the following evening - please can someone advise how much they are charging on board for the test?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

The X site says "Currently all fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the option to receive complimentary testing onboard prior to disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required."

As luck would have it our flight is the following evening - please can someone advise how much they are charging on board for the test?

Thanks

Complimentary?

Many countries are now requiring Covid testing within 24 hours of your international flight, so even a free test onboard, 36 hours before your flight, wouldn't be helpful.  I suggest you get the test it in the city your cruise disembarks to, or at the airport. 

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Errr ....No -as our flight is outside 24 hours (as mentioned already)

Worth a call (and a back up plan), but they might be flexible with "24 hours" and "1 day".  Just like the pre-cruise testing.  They say within 48 hours, but they are only enforcing 2 days, not specifically the hours.  I can have a test at 8am on a Thursday and depart at 5pm on a Saturday.  Not sure where I saw it, but I think that is the rule the airlines are using (day before) for this new rule.  The question is whether Celebrity's proof of 24 hours is really 24 hours or next day for the complimentary testing.  Otherwise, it looks like it's $95 for Celebrity, test at the airport, or take an Abbott test with you and do it where and when you can.  Sorry, that's not really helpful (and we won't know for certain until someone has firsthand experience), but maybe lessens your concern over 24 v. 36 hours?  I hope the best for you!  Safe travels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Thanks

We are in the same situation as you in that our flight departs in the evening of the day after disembarkation. We looked at the Celebrity site but think that testing would have to take place on the last sea day as it's unlikely they would do it on disembarkation day. As the UK government says it has to be done in the two days prior to the day of the flight it should be okay but as Celebrity say only 24 hours prior I wouldn't want to risk it. We all know that reps say different things when you call. We intend to buy the tests before we travel, cost around £19 each and take them in our hotel the day before the flight. It looks as though we just take a photo of the test after registering it and they issue a certificate on email. They don't require supervision and wifi will be available in the hotel. All this assumes things don't change again and I'm not holding my breath ! 

8 hours ago, lovescarborough said:

We are in the same situation as you in that our flight departs in the evening of the day after disembarkation. We looked at the Celebrity site but think that testing would have to take place on the last sea day as it's unlikely they would do it on disembarkation day. As the UK government says it has to be done in the two days prior to the day of the flight it should be okay but as Celebrity say only 24 hours prior I wouldn't want to risk it. We all know that reps say different things when you call. We intend to buy the tests before we travel, cost around £19 each and take them in our hotel the day before the flight. It looks as though we just take a photo of the test after registering it and they issue a certificate on email. They don't require supervision and wifi will be available in the hotel. All this assumes things don't change again and I'm not holding my breath ! 

Walgreens drive through tests are free……. !!

Many international governments are requiring negative PCR/Antigen test results for re-entry to the country if you are flying out of the U.S. within 72 hours of the end of your sailing. To facilitate any required testing, we ask that you fill out the following survey here, which will give us details about your post-cruise travel plans. 

this is an extract from an email received from X yesterday re: returning from our 12DEC cruise

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chewbecca said:

Many international governments are requiring negative PCR/Antigen test results for re-entry to the country if you are flying out of the U.S. within 72 hours of the end of your sailing. To facilitate any required testing, we ask that you fill out the following survey here, which will give us details about your post-cruise travel plans. 

this is an extract from an email received from X yesterday re: returning from our 12DEC cruise

That's interesting. We depart end of January so hopefully we may know more by then. We won't have a car so can't do drive through test and don't fancy spending our last day in Fort Lauderdale trying to get to a pharmacy for a test. Celebrity didn't give you much notice did they !

I just called Celebrity UK to ask about the extension of the 24 hours from disembarkation. The call was diverted to an agent in the US who after checking with ' someone higher up ' told me that there were no changes to the 24 hours ! He actually said that the CDC said tests expire after 24 hours ( absolute rubbish ). As testing would probably be done the day before disembarkation are they going to have to time the tests according to the flight times ? Just another example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing at Celebrity. 

4 hours ago, lovescarborough said:

That's interesting. We depart end of January so hopefully we may know more by then. We won't have a car so can't do drive through test and don't fancy spending our last day in Fort Lauderdale trying to get to a pharmacy for a test. Celebrity didn't give you much notice did they !

In case you weren't aware, you can do the drive through testing with a cab or Uber.  Many have reported it was very easy, and worked well. Just recommending it in the event you are in a pinch 😀  You can make your appointment a head of time at a nearby location not out of the way,  this way you aren't waiting to be tested, or wasting time driving around looking for pharmacies.