Refunds for cancelled cruise by Princess

JoRoy218

Our booked CA Coastal on Ruby (for Feb ‘22) was cancelled on 11/23.  Am wondering about others affected by cancelled trips.  Has anyone received refund or FCC?  Have been told expect to receive “within 10-14 days.”  

17 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Our booked CA Coastal on Ruby (for Feb ‘22) was cancelled on 11/23.  Am wondering about others affected by cancelled trips.  Has anyone received refund or FCC?  Have been told expect to receive “within 10-14 days.”  

If Princess cancelled the cruise, it could take several weeks.

If you cancelled the cruise, it should be much quicker.

Can you still access the cruise in the Personalizer? If so, Princess has not started to process your refund.

Unfortunately on the Princess site, nothing has changed. The cruise is still listed in our “Upcoming Cruises” AND also listed when you do a general search for cruises.  Granted I’m skeptical but it’s interesting how several cruises were cancelled that same week, only a day or two after final payment was due.  

16 hours ago, TriumphGuy said:

Our March 6, 2022 Hawaii cruise was canceled by Princess on November 24. I was told by our big box TA it may take 90 days to get a refund.
I'm giving them 30 days and then I'm calling our CC company.

90 days? Ridiculous! 

5 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Unfortunately on the Princess site, nothing has changed. The cruise is still listed in our “Upcoming Cruises” AND also listed when you do a general search for cruises.  Granted I’m skeptical but it’s interesting how several cruises were cancelled that same week, only a day or two after final payment was due.  

Yes, ours was canceled the day after final payment was due also. In my opinion it was a cash-raising effort by Princess and that they had no intention of following through with the cruise from the start, especially since the alternatives offered were 3 cruises that weren't even close to what we booked.
Interesting that cancellation soon after final payment has happened to other cruises, this adds weight to my theory.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TriumphGuy said:

Yes, ours was canceled the day after final payment was due also. In my opinion it was a cash-raising effort by Princess and that they had no intention of following through with the cruise from the start, especially since the alternatives offered were 3 cruises that weren't even close to what we booked.
Interesting that cancellation soon after final payment has happened to other cruises, this adds weight to my theory.

Absolutely! Hubby and I feel the same way! Our cruise on the Ruby was probably less than 40% booked and we were suspicious it would be cancelled. Majestic has similar cruises at same time and thinking this was the “grand plan.”

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, JoRoy218 said:

Absolutely! Hubby and I feel the same way! Our cruise on the Ruby was probably less than 40% booked and we were suspicious it would be cancelled. Majestic has similar cruises at same time and thinking this was the “grand plan.”

@JoRoy218 - I wanted to let you know we received our refund today back to our card. Still waiting for our deposit to hit our other card but usually that takes a few days to show up. The cruise is no longer available on our Personalizer so it's obvious that it has been processed.

I hope yours comes back soon!

1 hour ago, TriumphGuy said:

@JoRoy218 - I wanted to let you know we received our refund today back to our card. Still waiting for our deposit to hit our other card but usually that takes a few days to show up. The cruise is no longer available on our Personalizer so it's obvious that it has been processed.

I hope yours comes back soon!

Thanks for the info TriumphGuy. Am now more hopeful! Nothing changed on this end. Coincidentally a Princess rep left a voicemail today offering any assistance with new booking. I was able to get the booking “protected” re: required deposit.  I refuse to give Princess anymore $ until they refund our cancelled cruise. Left a voicemail for the PVP, still waiting. 
I appreciate your upbeat news! Are you planning on booking another soon? 
What a disappointment over that Hawaii cruise. I believe that was our favorite cruise ever!  Fingers crossed here for a refund before long. 

A bit of good news today, we got a partial FCC from Princess for their cancellation of our Feb. cruise. We applied this to our newly booked March cruise. When I questioned the PVP “why partial”

he replied “it’s done in stages.”  ???  We’ll see what happens! 
Interesting coincidence, I got an email from Princess today (at 1330) stating the FCC transferred; ONE minute later, got a call from the PVP

I’ve been dealing with.  Coincidence? Hmmm 

55 minutes ago, JoRoy218 said:

A bit of good news today, we got a partial FCC from Princess for their cancellation of our Feb. cruise. We applied this to our newly booked March cruise. When I questioned the PVP “why partial”

he replied “it’s done in stages.”  ???  We’ll see what happens! 
Interesting coincidence, I got an email from Princess today (at 1330) stating the FCC transferred; ONE minute later, got a call from the PVP

I’ve been dealing with.  Coincidence? Hmmm 

Glad to hear things are moving forward. We have decided to wait until things stabilize with the cruise industry, or maybe book a last minute cruise if one is offered. This is our second cancellation; the first was a 2020 HAL transatlantic which took 8 MONTHS for a refund. I am grateful Princess refunded this Hawaii cruise as quickly as they did, however I am not willing to risk anymore money until things start to normalize.
We really wanted this cruise, but if we get to go to Hawaii again it will be a last minute thing or 2023-24...

I am glad I happened upon this thread. We have a March 10, 2022 Princess cruise to Hawaii coming up. Final payment day is tomorrow. I am scared now to give them the rest of my money only to have them cancel the cruise later and then wait forever to get a refund on my credit card.