Testing Requirements for Returning Americans (Florida)

stickey_mouse

I believe the requirements have changed in December.   If you are coming from outside of the US you will need a 24 (or is it one day?) hour test before disembarking.    The ship will probably give you Rapid Antigen (US Residents) on board.

Peter

1 hour ago, SFO PETER said:

I believe the requirements have changed in December.   If you are coming from outside of the US you will need a 24 (or is it one day?) hour test before disembarking.    The ship will probably give you Rapid Antigen (US Residents) on board.

Peter

that is only for international air travel to the US, not arrivals by sea. So no testing needed for US residents returning by ship to the US and then flying inside the US.

1 hour ago, SFO PETER said:

did you find this posted somewhere?   can you share?   not disputing... the reason being I think I looked everywhere and cannot find requirements.   that is why I said "believe".

Do a search for US international travel covid testing. The government sitea make it clear that the testing changes were for international air only.

On the cdc page for international testing go to the general faq page. The CDC faq page specifically states not for sea or land arrivals.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 2

You didn't say when you were taking your cruise but personally; I'd be keeping an eye on the requirements.  Yesterday the news reported the Norwegian Breakaway returned to New Orleans with 10 positive covid cases on a fully vaccinated ship.  Just a few minutes ago that number had increased to 17.  I can guarantee you the CDC is looking at this carefully.  If the numbers continue to grow or another ship has an outbreak I would look for the requirements to change. 

Just yesterday another thread was started that HAL is no longer testing onboard prior to disembarkation.  I think this is all getting complicated and changing almost daily. 

9 minutes ago, rothbury said:

You didn't say when you were taking your cruise but personally; I'd be keeping an eye on the requirements.  Yesterday the news reported the Norwegian Breakaway returned to New Orleans with 10 positive covid cases on a fully vaccinated ship.  Just a few minutes ago that number had increased to 17.  I can guarantee you the CDC is looking at this carefully.  If the numbers continue to grow or another ship has an outbreak I would look for the requirements to change. 

Just yesterday another thread was started that HAL is no longer testing onboard prior to disembarkation.  I think this is all getting complicated and changing almost daily. 

We depart this Saturday. 🤞