Is Cruisenext Doubleup back for all categories?

marktwothousand

Anyone know if cruisenext doubleup is back for all categories on bookings within six months? I started a mock booking in January 2022 for a studio and it lets me add two separate payments as cruisenext’s and then credit card for the remaining balance. I didn’t go through with the payment but I was wondering if this is normal behaviour? or if maybe cruisenext is now allowing doubleup unrestricted for all categories again like the old days? Thanks. 

Here is current USA offer:

CruiseNext DoubleUp! Offer

Booking Window: August 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021 11:59pm EST

Offer Details: Book a Balcony or above stateroom on any sailing booked at least 6 months in advance and apply two CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite deposits. There will be no restriction to book at least 6-months prior to sailing to qualify for any sailing in 2021.

Terms and Conditions
Offers are applicable to NEW reservations only.
Offer is based on priced category.
CruiseNext Lite, CruiseNext and CruiseNext Haven are valid on any sailing length.
The standard CruiseNext terms and conditions apply which will cover the category restrictions that are in place.
Currency exchange rates are set at the time of purchase.
Government taxes, port expenses & fees, general excise tax (GET), and discretionary on-board service charges and/or gratuities are additional.
Cancellation Fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of travel protection on all bookings.
Offer is capacity controlled and can be withdrawn at any time.
Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
Not applicable to chartered dates and group types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE. Applicable to all offices.

Ya. I know there’s no changes on the webpage but from time to time in the past, when doubleup has become more liberal, they let you apply two in actual practice. Really just looking to see if anyone’s had realworld experience with this. And when I search for eligible cruises for the doubleup, the ones I want, come up 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marktwothousand said:

Anyone know if cruisenext doubleup is back for all categories on bookings within six months? I started a mock booking in January 2022 for a studio and it lets me add two separate payments as cruisenext’s and then credit card for the remaining balance. I didn’t go through with the payment but I was wondering if this is normal behaviour? or if maybe cruisenext is now allowing doubleup unrestricted for all categories again like the old days? Thanks. 

It’s a glitch on their website. The website will initially accept 2 certificates but then apply only one. Be careful with that.

Back in September when I booked my Thanksgiving cruise I didn’t read the offer details and just provided 2 certificates and paid the rest using a credit card. The website allowed me to enter 2 certificates for an oceanview and calculated the remaining payment correctly.

Then… I don’t  remember if it threw an error after I clicked the submit button or simply showed that everything was ok, but I realized soon that I owe them $250.

Initially I assumed it was some issue accepting one of certificates so I started a chat with NCL representative and the lady stated it has to be balcony and up. At that point I re-read the offer and understood my mistake. Ended up repricing to balcony as the difference was slightly higher than $250.

2 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Ya. I know there’s no changes on the webpage but from time to time in the past, when doubleup has become more liberal, they let you apply two in actual practice. Really just looking to see if anyone’s had realworld experience with this. And when I search for eligible cruises for the doubleup, the ones I want, come up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not currently allowed.  I tried to book an Oceanview for January while on the Bliss two weeks ago and was told no (for both the O/V and not being more than 6 months out.  They had that as a Latitudes option for many months during the pandemic but no more.